CPM & Mary Foundation at "Almene Boligdage 2023" conference

mls

30. september 2023

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager med Mary Fonden i konferencen "Almene Boligdage 2023".

Tivoli Hotel, Arni Magnussons Gade 2, København. Kl. 10.00

30. September 2023, 10:00 am

HRH The Crown Princess attends with the Mary Foundation in the "Almene Boligdage 2023" conference.

Tivoli Hotel, Copenhagen

Didn't try to translate this "Danmarks almene boliger"...Don't know the equivalent in English but seems to be

rental flats - "The public housing is non-profit. No one profits from renting out the homes"

https://bl.dk/politik-og-analyser/temaer/almene-boligdage-2023/

The theme of Almene Boligdage in 2023 is commitment, democratic participation and community under the heading We get together.

With We get together, we focus on how you and I can make a difference - together. Because when we engage with each other and in our local area, we help to strengthen everyday democracy and the community where we live

13 minutes ago, Riki said:

My translator came up with "Social Housing".

Or public housing ? Seems about a million Danes live in them.

Public housing differs in many ways from the rest of the housing market. They ensure that there are good homes in attractive residential areas for everyone in Denmark.

Regardless of how old you are and how much you earn, you can live for rent in public housing. The living arrangement is for young and old and everyone in between, for singles and families, new Danes and old Danes, for rich and poor. It's your number on the waiting list that matters.

Guest Common Housing
7 hours ago, Riki said:

My translator came up with "Social Housing".

That would be Socialt Boligbyggeri. Almen Bolig simple means “Common Housing” apartments/flats for everyone, no matter  what their social status or income is.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.