CPM visits New York & World Anti-Bullying Forum, NC

mls

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i fejring af FN-dagen i New York samt i World Anti-Bullying Forum 2023 i North Carolina den 23.-25. oktober 2023. USA.

23-25 October 2023

HRH The Crown Princess participates in the celebration of UN Day in New York as well as in World Anti-Bullying Forum 2023 in North Carolina.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-the-crown-princess-visits-new-york-and-north-carolina

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/programme-for-hrh-the-crown-princess’s-visit-to-new-york-and-north-carolina

The days of 23-25 October 2023, HRH The Crown Princess participates in the celebration of UN Day in New York as well as in a number of arrangements which are part of promoting Denmark’s candidacy for the UN Security Council. Furthermore, Her Royal Highness will subsequently take part in World Anti-Bullying Forum 2023 in North Carolina.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/programme-for-hrh-the-crown-princess’s-visit-to-new-york-and-north-carolina

The Crown Princess visits New York the days of 23-24 October. On Monday evening, The Crown Princess will deliver the opening speech for a reception at the UN Mission to emphasise Denmark’s championing role in “The Coalition on Addressing Sea-Level Rise & Existential Threats”, which works to raise awareness of the consequences of climate change, including the impact of rising sea levels on low-lying societies. Participating in the reception are the UN ambassadors from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), which is an association of 39 small developing island nations, as well as representatives from the other nations championing the coalition.

The following day, The Crown Princess takes part in a number of meetings in connection with UN Day and with a view to supporting Denmark’s candidacy for the UN Security Council 2025-2026. Among other things, The Crown Princess has a meeting with the executive director of the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Catherine Russell, and a number of female UN ambassadors about international work with education and climate.

Afterwards, The Crown Princess delivers the opening speech for a round table discussion on the future of multilateralism in connection with UN Day arranged by Singapore and the International Peace Institute with the participation of representatives from the member nations of FOSS (Forum of Small States).

As patron of the UN Population Fund (UNFPA), The Crown Princess will meet later in the day with the executive director of UNFPA, Dr. Natalia Kanem, to discuss women’s and girls’ rights.

On 25 October, The Crown Princess participates together with The Mary Foundation in the conference World Anti-Bullying Forum 2023, which will be held in Raleigh, North Carolina. The conference brings together researchers, practitioners and others who work with bullying to focus on bullying from a number of different angles. Her Royal Highness will deliver the conference’s opening speech on The Mary Foundation’s efforts to combat bullying, and The Crown Princess will also participate in part of the conference’s remaining programme.

• mls changed the title to CPM visits New York & World Anti-Bullying Forum, NC
On 10/21/2023 at 7:33 AM, mls said:

On Monday evening, The Crown Princess will deliver the opening speech for a reception at the UN Mission to emphasise Denmark’s championing role in “The Coalition on Addressing Sea-Level Rise & Existential Threats”, which works to raise awareness of the consequences of climate change, including the impact of rising sea levels on low-lying societies. Participating in the reception are the UN ambassadors from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), which is an association of 39 small developing island nations, as well as representatives from the other nations championing the coalition.

The following day, The Crown Princess takes part in a number of meetings in connection with UN Day and with a view to supporting Denmark’s candidacy for the UN Security Council 2025-2026. Among other things, The Crown Princess has a meeting with the executive director of the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Catherine Russell, and a number of female UN ambassadors about international work with education and climate.

It's Tuesday morning in NY. Lets hope something pops up about Monday evening...

The threat from sea level rise and its impact on low-lying communities was on the agenda when Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess attended a reception at the Danish UN Mission in New York on Monday evening 🇩🇰🇺🇳

In front of UN ambassadors from SIDS, which is an association of 39 small developing island states, as well as a number of other representatives, the Crown Princess gave her opening speech.

Denmark has a so-called champion role in "The Coalition on Addressing Sea-level rise & Existential Threats".

FB_IMG_1698154090278.jpg

FB_IMG_1698154095210.jpg

FB_IMG_1698154098633.jpg

FB_IMG_1698154101531.jpg

FB_IMG_1698154103860.jpg

44 minutes ago, mls said:

Yes, it is.

I'm side eyeing it now as just deliberate. Sorry not sorry.  This is an important trip and not even the Danish UN Mission social media can post one photo?  I find it all insulting and disrespectful to Mary.  I'll stop there and bite my tongue before I say more.  

7 hours ago, Izzieq said:

This is an important trip and not even the Danish UN Mission social media can post one photo?  I find it all insulting and disrespectful to Mary.  I'll stop there and bite my tongue before I say more.  

It was the same with Frederik's trip. Very little posted.

7 minutes ago, mls said:

It was the same with Frederik's trip. Very little posted.

You'd think given part of their job was to promote Denmark's candidacy for the UNSC that the social media for the UN Mission would promote their events there.  

I give up. 

https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-video/h-k-h-kronprinsessen-i-new-york-1

Day 2, the 24th.

The Crown Princess began the days program on 24 October with a breakfast meeting with the executive director of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Catherine Russell and a number of female UN ambassadors on international work with education and climate. The Crown Princess subsequently gave an opening speech at a round table discussion on future multilateralism on the occasion of UN Day organized by Singapore and the International Peace Institute (IPI) with the participation of representatives from the FOSS countries (Forum of Small States). In addition, Singapore's foreign minister and the president of the UN's 78th General Assembly spoke, among others.

image.thumb.png.14491f2b0503425eb2ac6b3497b77239.png

As patron of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the Crown Princess met later in the day with the executive director of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Dr. Natalia Kanem to discuss the rights of women and girls. During the meeting, there was also an opportunity to talk about the 30th anniversary of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) in 2024.

image.thumb.png.510f1d6da0923f4df0d855ffd9cdc1c9.png

On 25 October, The Crown Princess participates together with The Mary Foundation in the conference World Anti-Bullying Forum 2023, which will be held in Raleigh, North Carolina. The conference brings together researchers, practitioners and others who work with bullying to focus on bullying from a number of different angles. Her Royal Highness will deliver the conference’s opening speech on The Mary Foundation’s efforts to combat bullying, and The Crown Princess will also participate in part of the conference’s remaining programme.

Early morning in Raleigh

https://worldantibullyingforum.com/speakers/her-royal-highness-crown-princess-mary-of-denmark/

https://worldantibullyingforum.com/

DRF video from yesterday

During the last two days, Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess has participated in a number of meetings and events to participate in the celebration of the United Nations Day as well as to promote Denmark's candidacy for the United Nations Security Council 2025-2026. Denmark is a candidate for a non-permanent seat when there are elections to the United Nations Security Council for the period 2025-2026.

Yesterday the program offered:

1. Meeting with the Executive Director of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Catherine Russell and a number of UN women ambassadors on international work in education and climate.
2. Opening speech at a roundtable discussion on the future of multilateralism with participation of representatives from FOSS countries (Forum of Small States).

3. Meeting with the executive director of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Dr. Natalia Kanem to discuss the rights of women and girls.
4. Round table discussion a number of female civil society representatives from, among others, Colombia, Sudan and Pakistan arranged by the UN mission ahead of the UN Security Council annual debate on Women, Peace and Security.

📸  H.K.H. Kronprinsessen and Denmark in New York ©️

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.