Proclamation of H.M. King Frederik X - Christiansborg Palace

14. januar 2024

Proklamation af H.M. Kong Frederik 10. fra balkonen på Christiansborg Slot. Kl. 15.00.

14. January 2024, 15:00/3:00 pm

His Majesty King Frederik X steps out on the balcony of Christiansborg Palace, after which the Prime Minister proclaims His Majesty’s accession to the throne. The King speaks and concludes with the motto.

15:10/3:10 pm
Honorary cannon salute from the Sixtus Battery 
After the proclamation, 3 x 27 shots are fired from the Sixtus Battery on Holmen, Copenhagen, in salute.

The royal standard is lowered and reraised at Amalienborg
After the proclamation, the royal standard is lowered at Christian IX’s Palace and reraised at Frederik VIII’s Palace, Amalienborg.

• mls changed the title to Proclamation of H.M. King Frederik X - Christiansborg Palace

The prime Minister 

- I will never reveal anything that I experience with the king on a two-man basis, but I think I must say that it was very, very touching to be able to see the royal family: An older brother who looks after the younger siblings and some children who were well aware that it was a very special moment. Both for their father and their mother. It was very, very, very nice!

_mho9733.jpg