The Regent Couple & PB attend opening of "FREDERIK X : King of Tomorrow" exhibition

mls

21. marts 2024

Kongeparret deltager i åbningen af udstillingen ”FREDERIK 10. – Konge af i morgen”.

Amalienborgmuseet, Christian VIII’s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 15.00.

21. March 2024, 3:00 pm

The Regent Couple attends the opening of the special exhibition "FREDERIK X : King of Tomorrow".

Amalienborg Museum, Christian VIII Palace, Amalienborg.

Another change in the calendar:

Princess Benedikte will also attend

Kongeparret deltager i åbningen af udstillingen ”FREDERIK 10. – Konge af i morgen”. Amalienborgmuseet, Christian VIII’s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 15.00. H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte deltager.

20 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Did I miss something and BB not go live from this event?  

Never mind...here is the link.  The royal couple towards the end of the video are seen walking over from their home to the museum. 

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/vi-sender-live-fra-christian-viiis-palae-se-kong-frederik-og-dronning-mary

• mls changed the title to The Regent Couple & PB attend opening of "FREDERIK X : King of Tomorrow" exhibition

https://www.bt.dk/royale/live-nu-aabner-ny-udstilling-om-kong-frederik-foelg-med-her

BT has a great live blog with photos and videos of them touring the exhibition. 

The shambhala bracelet that King Frederik wore at his proclamation was a personal gift from the kids.  

There is also on display a dress that Frederik bought for Mary and gave to her on one of his first trips back to Australia just after they met. 

The little go cart is adorable.  You can also see his personal diary kept sharing the Sirius expedition.  

Per the reports several of the items in this exhibiton have never been publicly displayed. 

Reveals special gift for Queen Mary
BT's representative, Silla Bakalus, says that many of the objects in the exhibition are private and have not been exhibited before.

Among other things, the collection includes a special gift for Queen Mary in the form of a dress.

In the display case, it says that Frederik gave Mary the dress the first time he visited her in Australia.

The dress is described as a 'Danish summer dress'.

lcimg-e15a9645-f8c0-4d77-8887-7508f52dad

24665599-armbndet-er-nu-udstillet.jpg

'Bracelets worn to the Proclamation, 2024. A personal gift from four children to their father,' reads the initial sign on the sign, which continues:

'Full of hopes and love. The bracelet is worn by Frederik 10th for the proclamation on the balcony of Christiansborg Castle. Below on the Palace square are the cheering crowds. By his side the base itself: Queen Mary and their four children,' it reads. 

20240321_hjp5398.jpg

20240321_hjp5308.jpg

Per BB, Count Ingolf and Countess Susie were invited to attend the opening of the exhibits, but had to decline.  No specific reason is given.  But nice to know that the royal couple invited the to attend.  It has always seemed that the King and Queen have a very warm relationship with the Count and Countess.  

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/familiemedlemmer-blev-inviteret-af-kongeparret-men-takkede-nej-maa-se-med-senere

I will speculate that them not attending could be due to Count Ingolf's health.  He has been looking quite frail when seen recently and maybe it is too much to travel to Copenhagen.