Residence change & official welcome to Fredensborg

mls

2. maj 2024

Residensforlæggelse til Kancellihuset.

Residence change to Chancellery House, Fredensborg.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/ombordstigning-og-residensforlaeggelse-til-kancellihuset

2. maj 2024

Kongeparret bydes velkommen til Fredensborg med flag og sang af Fredensborg Slotskirkes Pigekor og Fredensborg Brass Ensemble. Ydre Slotsgaard, Fredensborg Slot, kl. 17.00.

2. May 2024, 5:00 pm

The Regent Couple are welcomed to Fredensborg with flags and songs by Fredensborg Palace Church Girls' Choir

and Fredensborg Brass Ensemble.

Ydre Slotsgaard, Fredensborg

https://via.ritzau.dk/pressemeddelelse/13805279/kongeparret-bydes-velkommen-til-fredensborg-den-2-maj?publisherId=13559293&lang=da

• mls changed the title to Residence change & official welcome to Fredensborg
9 minutes ago, mls said:

I wonder if the regent couple will be in residence at Kancellihuset and not move in at the palace until QMII is "gone"?!

I would not be shocked if that is the plan. It has been said that QMII loves it there and the palace is very dear to her.  And no reason to make her move out really.  I've thought that maybe in a few years when she fully retires she will permanently move there.  

1 hour ago, mls said:

I love that while they are keeping tradition they are doing it their own way and putting their own personal touch on it.  Same but different....as it should be. I hope that they are given the room to continue to make the new reign their own and there is not an endless comparison with QMII.  That would not be fair.  

I also love seeing the way the elder Danes look at Frederik with such fondness and almost nostalgia.  The little boy they watched grow up, go through wilder years, come into his own, marry and have his own family is now their King.  They look at him like proud grandparents.  It is lovely.  

The king says that Fredensborg is a very special place for them and that it always feels like home.

- We became a family here, and we started a family here, and therefore Fredensborg will always have a special meaning for us.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/live/2024-05-02-kongeparret-indleder-for-foerste-gang-aarets-sejlsaeson/kvinde-fik-det-daarligt-og-lagde-sig-for-kongens-foedder---han-kom-til-undsaetning-med-vand?entry=dc22b674-d692-49ef-b056-ffc9d797a789

28 minutes ago, Paulamary said:

I see a Man and doggie standing on the right of the entance. 

Frederik? Coco/Grace? : )

oh good catch!  Did not even notice that.  looks like it could be Frederik given the way the person is standing....and yes, one of the doggies.