Day 1 - Faroe Islands

mls

Thursday, 23 August

Arrival at Bursatangi

The Crown Prince Couple visit Tórshavn on Thursday, 23 August. The Crown Prince Couple participate in an official greeting ceremony on the quay,

where the prime minister will deliver a speech welcoming them.

Visit at the rowing club Knørrur

The Crown Prince Couple visit the rowing club Knørrur and get an introduction to the organization and Faroese boat racing.

Visit to the government buildings on Tinganes

The Crown Prince Couple visit the government buildings on the peninsula Tinganes. During the visit, the Crown Prince Couple will be

presented to the Faroese government.

Official reception by Tórshavn’s mayor

The Crown Prince Couple take part in an official greeting ceremony on the square called Vaglið in the city center. Tórshavn’s mayor, Annika Olsen,

and Mr. Jacob Horn Nielsen welcome them and present the city council.

Visit at The School at Argjahmri

The Crown Prince Couple visit The School at Argjahmri. During the visit, the Crown Prince Couple take part in a tour of the school,

where the students will demonstrate various activities such as Faroese chain dancing, gymnastics and singing along the way.

Visit at the residence hall Finsen

Finsen is a new residence hall in the Tórshavn city center. The Crown Prince Couple visit there and get an introduction to Bústaðir. Finsen

and one of the residences will be shown, and the visit concludes in the main hall, where well-known artworks by William Heinesen are displayed,

and Ólavur Jacobsen will present a Kingo piece on classical guitar.

Luncheon

The Crown Prince Couple participate in a luncheon at Hotel Hafnia hosted by mayor Annika Olsen. 

Visit at Glasir college

Glasir is Thórshavn’s college that brings together a gymnasium, a technical school and a business school. HRH The Crown Prince visits the school

and takes part in a tour. During the visit, scientific experiments will be presented, and the school’s educational programs will be presented.

Visit at the day-care center Býlingshúsið undir fjalli

HRH The Crown Princess visits the day-care center Býlingshúsið undir fjalli. During her visit, The Crown Princess will hear about the institution’s

work with the project “Free of Bullying”, which is a project started by The Mary Foundation and Save The Children.

Visit at Sjóvinnuhúsið

The Crown Prince visits Sjóvinnuhúsið and gets an introduction, after which His Royal Highness visits Hugskotið, which is a unit that advises and helps entrepreneurs. During the visit at Hugskotið, the start-up entrepreneurs present their projects for The Crown Prince.

The visit concludes with The Crown Prince awarding this year’s Faroese entrepreneur prize in the Creative Business Cup.

Visit at The Women’s House

The Crown Princess visits The Women’s House and hears about its function and work.

Visit at the Faroese Parliament

Faroese Parliament Speaker Páll á Reynatúgvu receives the Crown Prince Couple and presents the Faroese Parliament’s presidium and the

Farose Parliament’s director, Johnhard Klettheyggj.

Banquet

The Crown Prince Couple participate in a banquet at The Nordic House. The prime minister hosts the dinner. 

18 minutes ago, gudinde said:

Oh the family look lovely in Faroese national dress.

I think the guys look like they could be wishing for a robust gust of wind that would swoop the thing on their head into the sea...;)

4 photos

They look so lovely. I love the women's costumes. The girls are just precious. The boys, well, they look cute. I agree the hat is a little odd, but I just love a national costume anyway. Bella can be a mini-Fred, but her smile and posture screams Mary-daughter all around. Vincent looks more confortable on oficial duties. Josie looks so tired. Christian has his father body expression and posture.

Mary is simply gorgeous.

Lovely family.

The women's costume is just beautiful! I've never been particularly fond of national costumes except for the kilt, but Mary's and the girls costume is really

beautiful. The men's costume would look much nicer without the hat.

Let's all try and remember that national costumes, tho they may look weird to us, have great meaning to said nations people. So maybe not making fun of them would be a good protocol from here on out? I'm not calling anyone out, or trying to be rude. Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Ahanks said:

Let's all try and remember that national costumes, tho they may look weird to us, have great meaning to said nations people. So maybe not making fun of them would be a good protocol from here on out? I'm not calling anyone out, or trying to be rude. Just my opinion.

Absolutely. And I am not making fun of the costumes. No way.

Just some lighthearted joking that isn't meant to be taken too seriously.

There's been lot of "nisse-joking" on DRF social media too, but I don't think anyone means to be rude about it. The hat just gets one

thinking of a Christmas elf.

6 minutes ago, mls said:

Absolutely. And I am not making fun of the costumes. No way.

Just some lighthearted joking that isn't meant to be taken too seriously.

There's been lot of "nisse-joking" on DRF social media too, but I don't think anyone means to be rude about it. The hat just gets one

thinking of a Christmas elf.

Haha If I showed my nieces they'd start singing Frozen and think Christian is a young Christoff or however you spell it.

Archived