The DRF & COVID-19

mls

On 3/23/2021 at 11:27 AM, JosephineDane said:

The twins are back full time. Christian will be back every other week from this week and from 6. April Isabella can also return to school from every other week.

From Wednesday next week, 5th-8th grade students (Isabella) will have outdoor classes during the weeks when there is no indoor teaching.

Graduating students (Christian) 80 percent attendance.

Also, something that could have an impact on official events and the amount of guests at Christian's confirmation:

"it will be possible to gather ten people indoors and 50 people outdoors.

From 6 May, it will be raised to 25 indoors and 75 outdoors, from 21 May to 50 indoors and 100 outdoors and from 11 June to 100 indoors,

while the ceiling for outdoor gatherings will be abolished."

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/16/2021 at 11:54 AM, mls said:

From Wednesday next week, 5th-8th grade students (Isabella) will have outdoor classes during the weeks when there is no indoor teaching.

Graduating students (Christian) 80 percent attendance.

Back to school full time for all as of Thursday the 6th this week.

https://www.bt.dk/samfund/faa-et-overblik-her-er-hovedpunkterne-i-genaabningsaftalen

Also, something that could have an impact on official events and the amount of guests at Christian's confirmation:

"it will be possible to gather ten people indoors and 50 people outdoors.

From 6 May, it will be raised to 25 indoors and 75 outdoors,

Weather permitting, they could have quite a big do in outdoors at Kancellihuset or the palace.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

F&M follows the vaccine calendar. Frederik's age is being vaccinated now. Mary can expect to be vaccinated from around May 24th.

I think he should have been vaccinated months ago, right after QM.

14 hours ago, JosephineDane said:

Yes, but for reasons our Crown Prince couple, and our Prime Minister as well, have chosen (or some have chosen for them) to follow the same vaccine program as all other Danes.

Yes, and I understand why they "have to" do it that way, but personally, I think it's gone too far. Not everyone can or should jump the queue but the head of state, the next in line, the PM etc, should, IMO, jump the queue at times like these. What if QM and the Crown Prince both would have gotten very ill (or worse) with COVID? The second in line is 15...Well, AFAIK, the Queen did jump the queue...

It's the same where I am. The President, 70+, was vaccinated according to his age group. He should have gotten the first jab.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/i-denne-uge-bliver-de-foerste-16-aarige-indkaldt-til-vaccination-jeg-skal-100

Mary can look forward to getting her first dose of vaccine soon.

"If you take a look at the Danish vaccination calendar, it shows that we are now starting on the group called 10 D 1. Here we find Danes aged 45-49, but also the young people between 16-19 years can now look forward to getting an invite for vaccination in their e-Box. - I expect that at the end of this week we will send out invitations for a corona vaccination to the 16-year-olds (added: and the 45-49) in the Capital Region. And as it looks now, they will be able to book a time about a week after the invitation"

I think it means, that Christian can get a vaccine after October 15. He had covid but I don't know what the current time for immunity is considered to be.

Josephine Dane? You had it too.

1 hour ago, mls said:

I think it means, that Christian can get a vaccine after October 15. He had covid but I don't know what the current time for immunity is considered to be.

Josephine Dane? You had it too.

The latest I have heard is that current knowledge suggests that immunity is built up in most people, but to what extent and for how long this lasts is not yet known. The Danish SSI doesn’t yet have a reliable test that can determine immunity. In another recent article I read that you are considered immunity for 8 months after.

• 1 month later...

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder

Christian and Isabella can now be vaccinated

"Now it's the 12-15 year olds turn to receive an invitation to vaccinate against covid-19.

Today, the regions are starting to send out invitations to the last group in the vaccination program. The 15-year-olds themselves receive the message in their e-box, while it is the parents of the 12-14-year-olds who have to look in the e-box to find the children's invitations. However, parents of children aged 15 will approve the vaccination."

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-the-crown-prince-cancels-his-attendance-at-the-olympic-games-in-tokyo-japan

"His Royal Highness The Crown Prince has had to cancel his participation at the Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan because The Crown Prince has had close contact with a person infected with COVID-19. Because of the stricter entry requirements at the Olympic Games, this means The Crown Prince does not have the possibility of travelling to Japan. 

The Crown Prince, who is fully vaccinated, is following the authorities' recommendations with regard to testing of those who have had close contact. Neither Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess nor the couple's four children have had close contact with the infected person.

The plan had been for The Crown Prince to attend the Olympic Games from 19 - 26 July 2021. His Royal Highness formally steps down from the IOC at the 138th Session, which will be held 20 - 21 July. The Crown Prince will take part digitally instead."

https://www.sst.dk/en/English/publications/2020/What-to-do-if-you-are-a-close-contact-of-a-person-who-has-tested-positive-for-novel-coronavirus

"If you are a close contact and you are fully vaccinated*:
You do not have to self-isolate

You should still be tested as a close contact
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or one of your tests is positive, self-isolate immediately

Edited just now by mls

• 4 months later...

And we return to this thread...

https://www.bt.dk/politik/skoleelever-hjemsendes-fra-og-med-15-december

"Pupils in primary and private schools are sent home from 15 December to 5 January, the Minister of Education informs.

She explains that there will be online teaching."

Christmas holiday would have started 22. December at Tranegårdskolen.

3 minutes ago, mls said:

And we return to this thread...

https://www.bt.dk/politik/skoleelever-hjemsendes-fra-og-med-15-december

"Pupils in primary and private schools are sent home from 15 December to 5 January, the Minister of Education informs.

So they are getting sent home a week early.  Is January 5th the usual end of their holiday?  This affects Isabella and the twins right?

I wonder if Christian's school will send students home earlier than anticipated. 

And here we go again....unbelievable.  

13 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

New restrictions in Denmark

https://www.bt.dk/politik/her-er-de-nye-corona-restriktioner-fredag-gaar-det-loes

Among others:

"It is strongly recommended to cancel all major social events for the rest of the year. This also applies to Christmas lunches.

In addition, there is a new assembly ban, where you are not allowed to gather more than 50 people standing indoors for concerts, for example."

I wonder if the New Year's banquet and Courts will be held?! They are not "rest of the year", but...

7 minutes ago, mls said:

New restrictions in Denmark

https://www.bt.dk/politik/her-er-de-nye-corona-restriktioner-fredag-gaar-det-loes

Among others:

"It is strongly recommended to cancel all major social events for the rest of the year. This also applies to Christmas lunches.

In addition, there is a new assembly ban, where you are not allowed to gather more than 50 people standing indoors for concerts, for example."

I wonder if the New Year's banquet and Courts will be held?! They are not "rest of the year", but...

Oh wow....the Courts are definitely in jeopardy IMO unless they are very very scaled back.  

I heard that there had been cases detected after two big concerts recently.  

I assume this will include no Christmas church services either unless very scaled back as well. 

I wonder what will happen with the big events for the jubilee...again not until mid January but they have to be wondering now about going forward. 

I feel bad for the restaurants that will lose much needed income with the cancellations of lunches and other events etc.  

4 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

I feel bad for the restaurants that will lose much needed income with the cancellations of lunches and other events etc. 

Not just that: "At the same time, the nightlife will be closed down on Friday afternoon from 4. pm. No alcohol may be sold between 24 and 05, nor may it be served to guests during that time - neither indoors nor outdoors. In addition, there is again a requirements that face masks must be worn in restaurants when not sitting down."

Don't know if this includes church services.

5 minutes ago, mls said:

Not just that: "At the same time, the nightlife will be closed down on Friday afternoon from 4. pm. No alcohol may be sold between 24 and 05, nor may it be served to guests during that time - neither indoors nor outdoors. In addition, there is again a requirements that face masks must be worn in restaurants when not sitting down."

Don't know if this includes church services.

Does that mean no more nightlife at all or just during specific hours?  They are basically almost imposing a curfew without imposing an actual curfew it seems.  They want night owl partiers off the streets.  Any NYE parties are out too it seems. 

14 hours ago, Izzieq said:

I wonder if Christian's school will send students home earlier than anticipated. 

Doesn't look like this affects Christian but his Christmas holiday starts a few days before his siblings anyway.

https://coronasmitte.dk/nyt-fra-myndighederne/pressemoeder/stm-coronasituationen-i-danmark

"In addition, the children in primary school will have a slightly longer Christmas holiday. 0th to 10th grade will be sent home from 15 Dec. until and including 4 Jan. 2022 with virtual teaching single days. "

9 minutes ago, mls said:

Not only the New Years Courts are cancelled. Several of QM's events and the public audience next week are cancelled. The State Council next week is virtual.

I noticed that when I looked at the calendar this morning.  It looks like the receiving of ambassadors is still on the calendar.  I now expect that the big jubilee events will be cancelled for January and rescheduled to a later date.  Those were to take place only less than two weeks after the New Years Courts.  Will keep fingers crossed for Mary's 50th events.  The only big event for that was the gala at Rosenberg on the 4th of February which could be affected.  

23 minutes ago, mls said:

Not surprised.  A couple of events for the 15th have also been cancelled/postponed.  

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/nu-gaar-det-staerkt-store-aendringer-i-dronningens-kalender