Tour de France - Grand Départ Copenhagen 2022

mls

https://letourcph.dk/en/stages/stage-1

Tour de France 2022 starts off with a 13-kilometre individual time trial. The world’s best riders take on the streets of Copenhagen in a race for the yellow jersey. The flat route through the Danish capital and world’s best cycling city has no sharp turns, letting the riders gain full speed.

Along the route, the riders pass iconic landmarks such as The Little Mermaid and Amalienborg, home of the royal family, which cycling fans will remember from the 2011 UCI Road World Championships. In addition, the riders will pass the busiest cycling-lane in the world, Dronning Louises Bro, which 40,000 cyclists cross every day.

The first rider will be start on Nørre Farimagsgade by Rådhuspladsen at 4 pm.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.bt.dk/tour-de-france/tour-feltet-har-kronprinsen-med-paa-hjul

"In addition to Crown Prince Frederik following the Tour de France in Denmark, a specific ship will also follow the riders. This is the Royal Yacht Dannebrog,

which usually transports the royal family around the world, and which this time will sail Crown Prince Frederik around.

"We can confirm that the Crown Prince will sail from Nyborg to Sønderborg on Saturday, where the Crown Prince will host a reception on Sunday," communications adviser Frederik Linde at the Royal House says."

4 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Oh what a nice surprise!  I had figured we would see maybe 1 or 2 of the kids, but didn't think we would see the whole family come out!  

Yes, nice to see them. Could be, that they will all leave Copenhagen on the royal yacht tomorrow. Perhaps for Gråsten.

Not sure, but I think it looks like Josephine's godmother Josephine Rechner (with family ?) and Christian's godfather Hamish Campbell with family.

• mls changed the title to TDF - CPF attends first stage & presents yellow jersey
1 hour ago, mls said:

Yes, nice to see them. Could be, that they will all leave Copenhagen on the royal yacht tomorrow. Perhaps for Gråsten.

Not sure, but I think it looks like Josephine's godmother Josephine Rechner (with family ?) and Christian's godfather Hamish Campbell with family.

Oh my eyes didn't deceive me...I had thought I saw Hamish Campbell in the back there!  How nice that friends from Australia could come visit!  And the kids look around the same age range as the CP kids so that should be fun.  

Isn't the royal yacht going to follow the race tomorrow?  I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.  I was thinking they were going to go abroad for summer holiday, but with their Australian friends/family visiting maybe they will stay more local.  

Those photos of Frederik....wow, he was living his best sports life today!  After all the hard work to get the tour to Denmark it finally happened!  

5 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Isn't the royal yacht going to follow the race tomorrow?  I could have sworn I saw that somewhere. 

Yes, it will. Dannebrog will be in Sønderborg (which is about 15min from Gråsten) on Sunday and the Crown Prince is hosting a reception there.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/video/7HIWI8Mj/xY3VjeWI

"Among the friends was one whom she knows all the way back from her youth in Tasmania - Hamish Campbell. They got to know each other at the University of Tasmania,

where he studied economics and she law, and it did not take long before the acquaintance developed into friendship.

Hamish Campbell, who works as a stockbroker for an investment firm in Sydney, has previously been described by friends as an intelligent, sharp, and a straightforward guy.

The fact that he is also an outdoor person like Mary and Frederik does not make it any worse. Hamish Campbell also sponsored Prince Christian in 2006"

xY3VjeWI.jpg?w=688&h=388&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.