Additions to the calendar

mls

The visit to the Faroe Islands is also 1 day shorter now,12 to 14 (it was 11-14). But it was pointed out the given dates were only tentative. I guess now the program is in place and the dates fixed.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/29/2024 at 7:25 AM, Riki said:

The visit to the Faroe Islands is also 1 day shorter now,12 to 14 (it was 11-14). But it was pointed out the given dates were only tentative. I guess now the program is in place and the dates fixed.

The media was already speculating but now it's official: Because of the strikes the visit to the Faroe Islands will not take place next week. 

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/kongeparrets-besoeg-paa-faeroeerne-den-12---14-juni-2024-udsaettes

3 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

How embarrassing for the Faroe Islands and their government.  Horrible optics for them.  

I agree...The Head of State can't visit due striking...

46 minutes ago, mls said:

I agree...The Head of State can't visit due striking...

Yup.  I'm sure that all plans had been in place already, schedule finalized, arrangements made, alot of people are being inconvenienced.  And it isn't like this visit had not been announced for months.  The Faroe Islands government should be embarrassed by how this looks. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, smt1 said:

Rather surprising that none of the children will be attending.  They are all certainly old enough.

Perhaps their (possible) attendance is considered private and they will show up. This is just the official stuff.

IIRC in connection with the Royal Run it was said that children under the age of 18 are not listed in the official calendar. Isabella, Vincent and Josephine were there but it was not announced in the calendar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BB article

On 26th September the reconstruction of the burned down stock exchange starts and the king will play a central role.

Possible event for King Frederik:

On 6th December 2024 the Anglo-Danish Society will celebrate it's centenary with a gala dinner in London, presumably with their 2 new patrons present, King Charles III and King Frederik X.

https://www.anglo-danishsociety.org.uk/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Incoming State Visit and now this visit to Germany!  Looking forward to it.   

I wonder why the visit to Germany is an "accession-related visit". Don't think I've ever seen that before.

25 minutes ago, mls said:

I wonder why the visit to Germany is an "accession-related visit". Don't think I've ever see that before.

Me either.  Usually, it will say Official Visit or State Visit.  Maybe because technically, it is neither an official nor state visit?  Maybe because it is just their first visit to the country as King/Queen.  They are attending the Nordic Embassy event and then going to visit the Danish minority? 

23 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Maybe because it is just their first visit to the country as King/Queen.  They are attending the Nordic Embassy event and then going to visit the Danish minority? 

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/tm-the-king-and-the-queen-visit-germany-on-21-22-october-2024

They are also meeting President Steinmeier and visit the German Bundestag. Maybe saying Hi to the President is something that is done even if it's not an official visit/state visit.

1 hour ago, mls said:

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/tm-the-king-and-the-queen-visit-germany-on-21-22-october-2024

They are also meeting President Steinmeier and visit the German Bundestag. Maybe saying Hi to the President is something that is done even if it's not an official visit/state visit.

Yeah - a courtesy call maybe.  But then on the evening of the first day there is an official dinner for them.  I am going to assume that the Presidents of Finland, Iceland and the Swedish CP Couple are also invited plus whoever is going to represent Norway (the CPC most likely). 

On 9/16/2024 at 8:14 PM, Izzieq said:

Yeah - a courtesy call maybe.  But then on the evening of the first day there is an official dinner for them.  I am going to assume that the Presidents of Finland, Iceland and the Swedish CP Couple are also invited plus whoever is going to represent Norway (the CPC most likely). 

Yes, I too think it will be a dinner for the Nordic participants of the embassy's jubilee and not just for Frederik and Mary alone.

And I think it would be nice if King Harald could make the trip. Then there would be at least one head of state who also attended the inauguration 25 years ago.

1. oktober 2024

H.M. Kongen modtager Sveriges Parlamentsformand Andreas Norlén.

Frederik VIII's Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 15.30.

2. oktober 2024

Statsråd på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 9.30.

Wonder why Opening of Parliament, which IMO should be on 1. October is not mentioned ?