New Year's banquet and levee

mls

. januar 2024

H.M. Dronningen afholder nytårskur og -taffel for regeringen, Folketingets formand, repræsentanter for det officielle Danmark og Hoffet.

Christian VII's Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 20.00. Kronprinsparret, D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie samt H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte vil være til stede.

1. January 2024, 8:00 pm

HM the Queen hosts a New Year’s banquet and levee for the government, the Speaker of the Danish Parliament, representatives of official Denmark and the Royal Court.

Christian VII’s Palace, Amalienborg.

The Crown Prince Couple, TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and HRH Princess Benedikte will be present.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/new-years-banquet-and-levees-2024

Edited December 20, 2023 by mls

Mary is rewearing that beautiful deep burgundy gown.  I wonder how many times she has worn that  for this event?

Nice to see the rubies which she hadn't been wearing as frequently as the tiara she purchased at auction a few years ago.

Those are stunning photos.  They both looked amazing. Happy.  And almost emanating a sense of relief if that makes sense.  Who knows how long they've had to keep this announcement secret. They both look radiant and connected.  

6 hours ago, Izzieq said:

Who knows how long they've had to keep this announcement secret. They both look radiant and connected.  

Exactly. An abdication and all the "logistics" and planning that must have gone on, also considering that there will be no "The Queen is dead, long live the King" for the first time since...ages.

Some years ago,at Kronborg Castle in Denmark I was looking at these ⬇️and asked a female employee next to me if she thought there were red "boxes" ready with King Frederik's monograms, just in case. Then I said sorry, the Queen is still very much alive. No problems, she said, we Danes have a very dark sense of humour.

danmarks-livgarde-plakat_optimized.jpg