New Year's banquet and levee

mls

35 minutes ago, mls said:

Exactly. An abdication and all the "logistics" and planning that must have gone on, also considering that there will be no "The Queen is dead, long live the King" for the first time since...ages.

Some years ago,at Kronborg Castle in Denmark I was looking at these ⬇️and asked a female employee next to me if she thought there were red "boxes" ready with King Frederik's monograms, just in case. Then I said sorry, the Queen is still very much alive. No problems, she said, we Danes have a very dark sense of humour.

danmarks-livgarde-plakat_optimized.jpg

That is why I love the Danes!  They get the reality of things.  I am going to speculate that things have been getting prepared for months.  I mean things from changing almost an entire website, new family orders, new monograms on who knows how many things!  I wonder if official portraits have already been taken and ready to be released after the transition on the 14th.  I assume they've known this date for months.  So many wheels turning at the same time.  Mary and Frederik's court must be working literally around the clock!  That is why those saying this was a last minute thing has zero clue!  

I will guarantee that certain things have been in place ready for Frederik in case of any eventuality.