Succession - General news

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Izzieq said:

What is u/s?

Yes, sorry, Old habit...It's used in air traffic.

"The official website of the Royal House of Denmark is temporarily unavailable while appropriate changes are made following the succession of the throne. In the meantime, please visit the Royal House of Denmark’s official pages on Facebook and Instagram."

BT:

"Years ago I showed American friends around Copenhagen. At Kastellet we talked about the royal family being able to move freely in the city. Suddenly, King Frederik comes with a dog, and my guest says "is that not the crown prince?" Frederik quickly replied "yes and his dog"

6 hours ago, Paulamary said:

So the account seems to be active and up to date with information and photos.

It is. It looks ok but I haven't got an email reply yet, confirming it's legit..😉

There was an announcement back when the DRF joined facebook and instagram.

On 7.01.2024 г. at 19:51, Izzieq said:

Едно нещо, за което се надявам след приемството, е преработка на начина, по който се поддържа календарът на DRF и какво го прави в календара. И така, в края на годината, когато някой блог прави тези отчети в края на годината, числата за DRF не са занижени, като се има предвид как други кралски особи подреждат календарите си, за да надуят своите числа.

Hopefully they will update the calendar soon and be more regular.

I'm tired of reading ugly comments on Twitter from Catherine fans that Mary was lazy. Mostly they write such insults and it's obvious that their darling and her phone calls count as work days. 

I just realize that some are salty and pissy at Mary (and Frederik) becoming King and Queen and are being quite "extra" about everything especially on places like "X" and Tumblr.  I've even stopped reading comments on some IG accounts.  

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Izzieq said:

Frederik has a new event for March 13th. Zero new events or mentions for Mary. 

Does anyone else think that perhaps Mary has returned to Australia to see her father.  He didn't look all that well in the photo published for her birthday.  JMHO

Well something will have to he said soon. She is the new Queen and can't just disappear off the face of the earth with zero explanation from the court especially when.she does not attend events like the church service today which she attended last year.  She has had 1 solo event since the start of the year and it is about to be a month since she's been seen in public. Let's see if she keeps the engagements she had next week.  She may be my favorite royals but I'm not like stans of other royals that make excuses or coddle.  Anyway back to my break. 

I am not too concern. February has always been a quiet month for the DRF. It coincides with the kid's school holidays. If we take in mind that she was suppose to do the Poland trip with Frederik in late January, her agenda will be per usual. Hopefully the redistributing of the patronages has been settled soon.  

Could we just keep our feet on the ground and wait a few months to see how things turn out :rose:

Seems to me, that there a lots of things going on in the background.

Yes, something could be going on with Mary's father. Myself, I thought he looked like a 80+ man in the recent photo and not particularly unwell.

• 2 weeks later...

Your opinion, please: "Kongeparret", is in Danish something like "The King Couple" and is used by the DRF.

A translator of the calendar entry: "The royal couple". I have used "Regent Couple" (used by the DRF for QMII & PH).

Which would, in your opinion, be the best translation to use? What do they use in other royal families?

I am fine with the Regent Couple. I know in Danish they don't use it anymore to differentiate between the old and the new couple. But King Couple sounds odd to me (although I didn't have a problem with Crown Prince Couple) And royal couple could be any couple of the DRF.