• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Terri said:

WOW!:wub:

Queen Mary was included in the meetings with government leaders. 

Usually, it is the person who is the reigning King or Queen who does these visits alone, and not with consort.

Maybe because Queen Mary is able to act as Head of State?  Has no consort ever participated in these meetings before?  Well, good for her then that she has been included in this portion if the state visit.  Shows alot about how she is viewed.  

21 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Has no consort ever participated in these meetings before? 

I don't know how these things are done is Sweden, but wasn't this pretty much a courtesy visit? Why wouldn't she have attended?

3 minutes ago, mls said:

Nothing like it...That's seriously ugly. 😉

Yes, it is... 🙃 But Mary's hat was not the best choice either, IMHO.

14 hours ago, mls said:

I don't know how these things are done is Sweden, but wasn't this pretty much a courtesy visit? Why wouldn't she have attended?

You are correct!:hatoff:

Just checked when King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands visited Sweden. The couple paid courtesy visits to political leaders as well.

image.thumb.png.19920194da9320e3d6aef04e399be64b.pnglove seeing the back of her gala look.  Stunning. 

Also what pin is that holding her sash?  I cannot tell if it is just a pin or a very small brooch?  I could swear it looked like a cursive "F" but it is too hard to tell.  

13 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Also what pin is that holding her sash?  I cannot tell if it is just a pin or a very small brooch?  I could swear it looked like a cursive "F" but it is too hard to tell.  

I don't know wear I read it before, but I remember reading that she has an F pin for her sash