General news about F&M 2023

Paulamary

Sounds like a good thing to do!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp2ssWnDTyG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Short video

image.png.6f7fe447f9ad840282cf45834c238699.png

Our children are not always equally excited about visiting museums, churches or listening to history stories. It becomes easier when the storyteller has great empathy and when the story is about your own family.

The monarchy is deeply rooted in Danish history and culture. History is an important cornerstone for understanding the times we live in, who we are as a people, and what binds us. Our children grow up with history on the walls and in the hallways, yet we as parents and crown prince couples want to pass on history to the next generation (and refresh our own) in an exciting way.

We have therefore started a series of tours of Danish castles and museums, where director Thomas Thulstrup from Kongernes Samling talks about Danish history based on Danish kings and queens through time. First stop was Rosenberg Castle, where we heard about the Oldenborgs and the time from elective monarchy to absolute monarchy to constitutional monarchy.

And it was a great joy for all six of us.

✍️The crown prince couple.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Paulamary said:

Exciting! 

The second sentence is a bad translation by google..".indlevelsesevne" becomes "empathy" which is not what was intended.

Maybe Mary is doing the filming? The text does say "And it was a great joy for all six of us."

19 minutes ago, mls said:

Maybe Mary is doing the filming? The text does say "And it was a great joy for all six of us."

I think so too, Mary is the film/camera person. I guess they could have brought in a professional but it does give out a more cozy family vibes doing it themselves. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, smt1 said:

Does anyone know/suspect where Mary is/has been?  She hasn't been seen in over a week.

Perhaps she has returned to Australia for a private visit?

Australia is a possibility. I wonder if her father is still there and how he is doing ? She accompanied him down there last year.

Don't like to speculate too much.

• 4 weeks later...

That's wonderful.  Seems like Frederik invited them to Frederik VIII's for a reunion event.  I wonder of this is the regimemt Frederik was a part of during his time in the Gardehussar.  Nice that we found our it happened because one of the attendees posted photos.  

Just now, mls said:

Wow, that's a lot of former Hussars visiting.

Apparently, it is a veterans' reconnaissance regiment.  I read on another forum that Frederik, as a new lieutenant in the Guard Hussars, commanded a reconnaissance regiment.   

Just now, mls said:

Yes, I know Muhler knows these things...😉 It's that blue uniform with the white thingies originating from Central Europe.

Yup...I always think they look like gingerbread people...lol

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.