Succession of the throne

mls

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did not know that the transfer of flags was such a formal process!  I won't be shocked to see a crowd forming at Amalienborg to witness this.  I hope it is covered on TV.  

7 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

I did not know that the transfer of flags was such a formal process!  I won't be shocked to see a crowd forming at Amalienborg to witness this.  I hope it is covered on TV.  

Sunday, 14th - 17:00  Transfer of the royal colours 

Sorry, don't know if there will be live coverage. That's just the time and date the transfer of the colours take place.

There will probably be coverage on the courtyard but inside with the Queen and the then King Frederik, don't know.

King Frederik: Shortened to FX after Sunday, or what? 😉Or KFX, KF, F10 ?

28 minutes ago, mls said:

Sorry, don't know if there will be live coverage. That's just the time and date the transfer of the colours take place.

There will probably be coverage on the courtyard but inside with the Queen and the then King Frederik, don't know.

King Frederik: Shortened to FX after Sunday, or what? 😉Or KFX, KF, F10 ?

Good question.  Is Mary going to be QM?  Not to be confused with QMII? KFX for Frederik? QM for Mary?  Just keep calling Margrethe QMII?  I'm confused...lol

• mls unpinned and pinned this topic

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/en-regeringsperiode-er-naaet-til-ende-og-en-ny-kan-begynde

A Council of State will be held on 14 January 2023 at 2 p.m. in the Council Chamber at Christiansborg Palace. At the Council of State, Her Majesty the Queen will sign her declaration of abdication.

With the Royal motto "God's help, People's love, Denmark's strength", the Queen has been head of state for Denmark, the Faroe Islands and Greenland for five decades.

The new King of the Kingdom of Denmark will be proclaimed by the Prime Minister on 14 January 2023 at 15:00 from Christiansborg Palace.

I just watched the video of QM signing her abdication papers.

It was just so Daisy -- a matter of fact ... let's get on with it!

She signed, got up out of her chair, and walked out.

No drama!

Perfection!