• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.avisen.dk/til-intim-middag-hos-kong-frederik_753558.aspx

https://www.in.fo/news-detail/loegmadur-etur-doegurda-saman-vid-kongi-i-kvoeld

"King Frederik and (PM) Mette Frederiksen get to see a lot of each other these days. But even after last week's festivities, they still have plenty to talk about. In any case, the prime minister was with her husband, Bo Tengberg, for dinner at the palace on Friday evening.

This is written by the Faroese media, Sosialurin .

The dinner does not appear on the royal house's calendar, and is described by in.fo as a discreet gathering, where the heads of government from Greenland and the Faroe Islands were also present. It concerns the Faroese leader, Aksel V. Johannesen and his wife Katrin Apol, as well as the chairman of the country's government in Greenland, Múte B. Egede and his wife Sara.

Hosts for the dinner were King Frederik and Queen Mary."

DRF Instagram

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/foerste-lykoenskning-fra-h-m-kongen-til-100-aarig-foedselar

In a small town in Northern Jutland, a 100-year-old birthday, as the first, receives congratulations from His Majesty the King 🇩🇰🎂

The King has decided to continue the tradition of His Majesty sending greetings to citizens who turn 100, 105 and 110 years old. In addition, the King will also continue to send congratulations on the occasion of diamond, crown diamond, iron and nuclear weddings for 60, 65, 70 and 75 years of marriage, respectively.

The tradition of greetings from His Majesty on special days goes back many years. In its time, it was started with telegram greetings that were sent, written down and read out to the birthday person in question on the day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 6:51 AM, mls said:

I wonder if this will change? Slightly odd if it stays that way.

image.png.2636e344c10147211ea2e8b3f39f666e.png

I noticed today it has been changed. Queen Margrethe is now listed after Princess Josephine and before Prince Joachim.

To me it seems also slightly odd to list an HM after an HRH (with the exception of the Crown Prince of course). At the church service the former Queen was actually seated before the younger children of the new King.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 2:31 PM, mls said:

Danish Parliament

https://www.ft.dk/samling/20231/ugeplan/2024_16/index.htm

19. April

"1st consideration of 3 legislative proposals from the Prime Minister (King Frederik 10th civil list, annuity for Crown Prince Christian and annuity for Queen Margrethe).

Press release from PM's office re the apanage

https://www.stm.dk/presse/pressemeddelelser/kongehusets-oekonomi-fremtidssikres/

• 2 weeks later...

Good things first:

The emeralds are fantastic with Queen Mary's hair color.

Also, love the the new RFO with that fabulous HUGE diamond frame!

Gorgeous and luxurious dark green lace and velvet  dress.

Disappointments:

Wrong dress for this portrait...why wear a dress with a high lace collar with such a majestic and fabulous necklace?

Why hasn't Queen Mary been given the Order of Dannegborg?

The photos appear stiff.

The emeralds look fabulous against Mary's dark hair.  And, although I agree that the necklace would have been better suited against a gown without a high neckline -- the entire look is simply spectacular!  I love that dark emerald green gown --- fabulous!

As for the pose -- agree, way too stiff.

The emeralds look great but I wish I could see the necklace!  It does disappear into the lace.  I don't think they appear stiff at all. They're official portraits and comparing it to other RF gala portraits they look in the same vein.  Love the new family order.  And when is Mary going to get the Order of the Danneborg finally!! Way over due. 

I do realize that the portrait is for government buildings,  embassies, official websites and such....

I just think she could have done without the necklace and worn it some other time.  The high neck dress does the necklace no favors.

I appreciate the modesty of the dress as this portrait will be used in Denmark's embassies in, for example Muslim and other conservative countries.

I just expected more for their first official portrait as King and Queen of Denmark as this portrait looks the same as the ones they have done before as the CP Couple.

I guess I don't understand people saying these look the same as other portraits.  Well they are the same people in the portraits with some minor changes of decorations. Otherwise it is the same two people.  Frederik even in the same uniform he's been photographed in before.  They suddenly were not going to change appearance.  These are standard official royal portraits.  Just compare to other Royal Families.  This is not a photo op for PR...it is once again an offical gala portrait of the new King and Queen.  They look appropriate and regal.  

https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-video/fredagsparade-paa-fredensborg-slot

🇩🇰When His Majesty the King has residence in the Kancellihuset at Fredensborg Castle, in the future there will be a big change of the guards at. 12:00 on a Friday.

The parade on Friday will be accompanied by either the Music Corps or the Tambour Corps from Den Kongelige Livgarde, and the parade starts at Fredensborg Station. When the officers from the detachment are replaced, there will be an addition and report at the Kongen in the Kancellihuset in this regard.

During Her Majesty Queen Margaret's reign this place was held on Thursdays.

Yesterday, the Royal Couple moved their residence to the Kancellihuset, and thus today was the first time that a Friday parade took place. Since the King was prevented from attending, it was Her Majesty the Queen instead, who took care of the day's duties.

image.thumb.png.8a756a6df6c065266e5f7170e4aadafa.png