The Mary Foundation

Møde i Mary Fonden

Onsdag d. 21. november 2007

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltog i møde med Mary Fondens bestyrelse hos Mary Fonden.

Meeting in the Mary Foundation

Wednesday 21 November 2007

HRH The Crown Princess took part in meeting with the Mary Foundation's Board of Trustees at the Mary Foundation

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are the four pics from The Mary Foundation site. They are dated 9 June :PPE Agency

Thank you Missy. :) This is not in the official calendar and is one of an example of the crown princess working behind the scenes with her charity organisations.

Thanks for the photo link, Missy.

I'll add the info here so it's easier to keep track of the off calendar activities:

9 June 2008: At the Mary Foundation

Crown Princess Mary helps packing Lego rucksacks supported by The Mary Foundation.

The rucksacks sponsored by Lego are for children who are away from their usual surroundings. They contain basic items such as toothbrushes but also toys.

These are part of the launch of the Mary Foundation's new focus area on battered women and children. (Launch on 12 June 2008)

Have any of our Danish members gone through the official website of The Mary Foundation:

http://www.maryfonden.dk/

I am particularly interested in the section 'Om Mary Fonden'. Is there any information on why The Mary Foundation chose a butterfly as its logo? Why butterfly? I know Princess Mary seems to like butterflies - she's worn Marianne Dulong's necklaces and earrings with butterflies, a green chiffon dress with butterflies and a pair of wedges with butterflies. Obviously choosing a butterfly as her logo must mean something more other than the fact that she likes butterflies. Just wondering if this is mentioned on the official site.

The Mary Foundation impacts lives of people and hopefully, changes them for the better. Could this be the reason for a butterfly logo? A metamorphosis from caterpillar to butterfly? This is my best guess but perhaps it says it on the website.

Thanks for the help.

Best,

Ayvee

Hi ayvee

The information at the website gives an explanation of the Foundation's butterfly logo, giving it a few different dimensions.

Link: The Mary Foundation - Graphic Identity

MaryFoundationlogo.jpg

Graphic identity

The Foundation's objective is to work at creating hope for those who are socially isolated and feel closed out. ...

Green is the colour of hope and the graphic butterfly in the Mary Foundation's logo is formed by two hearts, which hang together, symbolising people who have been united. A successful integration.

[The projects are aimed at addressing the plight of some very vulnerable members of Danish society.]

A butterfly flickering in the wind seems to be a fragile creature searching for a firm landing place where it can draw nourishment. But at the same time the butterfly is the fine result of a hard struggle, which has ended well.

The butterfly therefore is a symbol of positive development that the Foundation intends to support.

Even though it is obvious the projects cannot help everybody and will often only be able to give a small push in the right direction, it is the Foundation's hope and objective for each of the projects to highlight prevention and repair of social isolation by promoting tolerance and understanding of disparity, and through that creating hope.

A summary from info at http://www.maryfonden.dk/

MaryFoundationlogo.jpg

Thank you so much for the translation, gudinde!

The logo has such a beautiful and touching sentiment and I must admit truly represents the work that The Mary Foundation is doing. Incredible. I do wish the foundation continued success in their endeavors!

-Ayvee

• 1 month later...

From Sermitsiaq

07. August 09:29 (Sidst opdateret 08. August 05:07)

Mary's gift to children in crisis

By Mariia Simonsen

The Mary Foundation has provided 7500 backpacks to crisis centres in the Danish realm, including those in Sisimiut, Ilulissat, Paamiut and Qaqortoq.

Children that end up in one of Greenland's six crisis centres with their mothers will soon receive a present from Crown Princess Mary.

• 2 months later...

O_o More news from Sermitsiaq

08. October 2008

Mary Foundation helps children in crisis centres

The Crown Princess's foundation funds activities for children at crisis centres, such as Royal Arctic Line ships that depart with a consignment of backpacks.

The Mary Foundation has begun a drive to support women and children at crisis centres in Denmark, the Faeroe Islands and Greenland.

(...)

Full article : http://sermitsiaq.gl/indland/article58189.ece?lang=EN

• 5 months later...

Mary fonden news

The Mary Foundation has delivered a further 2500 backpacks for children in crisis.

Half of the children who arrive at crisis centres do so without any of their own belongings. The backpack is a practical thing for an accute situation. The packs contain items such as toothbrush and toothpaste, underwear and pyjamas. There also are toys, drawing cases and books in the bag.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ayvee

The information at the website gives an explanation of the Foundation's butterfly logo, giving it a few different dimensions.

Link: The Mary Foundation - Graphic Identity

MaryFoundationlogo.jpg

Graphic identity

The Foundation's objective is to work at creating hope for those who are socially isolated and feel closed out. ...

Green is the colour of hope and the graphic butterfly in the Mary Foundation's logo is formed by two hearts, which hang together, symbolising people who have been united. A successful integration.

[The projects are aimed at addressing the plight of some very vulnerable members of Danish society.]

A butterfly flickering in the wind seems to be a fragile creature searching for a firm landing place where it can draw nourishment. But at the same time the butterfly is the fine result of a hard struggle, which has ended well.

The butterfly therefore is a symbol of positive development that the Foundation intends to support.

Even though it is obvious the projects cannot help everybody and will often only be able to give a small push in the right direction, it is the Foundation's hope and objective for each of the projects to highlight prevention and repair of social isolation by promoting tolerance and understanding of disparity, and through that creating hope.

A summary from info at http://www.maryfonden.dk/

I didn't read that before - thank you gudinde! I cannot think about a better symbol for the Mary Fonden than this green butterfly and the explanation is wonderful - very heartwarming I think...........

• 2 weeks later...

The Mary Foundation received a prize (Thinking of You 2009) and 25.000 DKK from Electrolux Home Products Denmark:

http://www.idag.dk//artikel/VisArtikel.asp...#continueAnchor

http://www.maryfonden.dk/080509-Mary-Fonde...risen-2009.aspx

That is a great honour I think for Mary to be recognised like this in the short time the fond exists.

Thanks a lot cph for letting us know O_o !

• 4 months later...
  • mls locked this topic