50th Birthday of the Crown Princess

Riki

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/nyt-fra-kongehuset-aldrig-sket-foer

The Royal House has just issued a press release on Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday celebration in February.

For the first time ever, Crown Princess Mary is celebrated big and officially on her round day with both big gala dinner and prestigious exhibitions.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/hoffet-overrasker-her-skal-der-vaere-gallafest-kronprinsesse-mary

The court surprises: Here there will be a gala party for Crown Princess Mary

How far most celebrations in the royal family take place at Fredensborg Castle, Christiansborg or Amalienborg, Mary's party stands out.

It is to be held at Rosenborg Castle, the royal family informs.

Rosenborg, which was built in 1606-1607 by Christian the 4th, is open to the public on a daily basis, who can visit the old pleasure castle and, among other things, see the crown jewels on display at the castle.

On 4 February 2022, according to the plan, it will form the framework for the gala dinner on the occasion of Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday.

Queen Margrethe hosts the tablet, which is attended by the royal family and representatives of official Denmark.

bb-90067-fredemary.jpg

So happy to hear that Mary will be celebrated in this manner.  She has handled herself beautifully -- immersed herself in Danish culture, worked hard, a wonderful partner to her husband, and a loving mother to her 4 children.  

I hope these wonderful plans aren't cancelled or scaled-back due to COVID.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/enestaaende-chance-nu-kan-du-snart-komme-helt-taet-paa-marys-brudekjole

On the occasion of Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday, a special exhibition about the Crown Princess will soon open at Frederiksborg Castle.

There is plenty to look forward to when Crown Princess Mary is celebrated in late January and early February on the occasion of her 50th birthday.

Among the many exciting events is a special exhibition about the Crown Princess at the National History Museum at Frederiksborg Castle, which can be experienced from 4 February to 31 August. 

3 hours ago, smt1 said:

So happy to hear that Mary will be celebrated in this manner.  She has handled herself beautifully -- immersed herself in Danish culture, worked hard, a wonderful partner to her husband, and a loving mother to her 4 children.  

I agree and I am glad I was wrong!

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-the-crown-princess’s-50th-birthday

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/other/hrh-the-crown-princess-50th-birthday/#

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/hrh-the-crown-princess-50th-birthday#program

Program

THURSDAY 27 JANUARY 
On Thursday, 27 January, The Mary Foundation invites cooperating partners and networks to a celebration of the round birthday and The Crown Princess’s efforts as chairperson of The Mary Foundation. The celebration will focus on how The Mary Foundation and the participants can, in looking ahead, jointly contribute to creating a society in which all people feel that they belong.

MONDAY 31 JANUARY
On Monday, 31 January, Her Royal Highness takes part in the opening of the exhibition ‘Mary and the Crown Princesses’ at Koldinghus Castle in Kolding. The exhibition draws a portrait of The Crown Princess and The Crown Princess’s predecessors in the history of the Glücksborg lineage and focuses on the duties and the opportunities that lie in being a crown princess.

WEDNESDAY 2 FEBRUARY
On Wednesday, 2 February, The Crown Princess opens a new University of Copenhagen knowledge center, which will bear the name 'Crown Princess Mary Center – solving problems through research and partnerships'.

The objective of the new center is to build up an interdisciplinary knowledge environment focused on finding new solutions for current societal challenges, with the human being at the center.  Her Royal Highness will – in addition to having the center named after her – be part of the center’s Advisory Committee, which has a consultative function in relation to the center’s task solutions.

THURSDAY 3 FEBRUARY
At the Museum of National History at Frederiksborg Palace on Thursday, 3 February, The Crown Princess will be present for the opening of the exhibition ‘HRH Crown Princess Mary 1972 – 2022’, which tells about The Crown Princess’s personal history and importance for the Royal House of Denmark and the Realm through photos, portraits, clothing and personal items. In connection with the opening of the exhibition, a new portrait of Her Royal Highness will be unveiled.

FRIDAY 4 FEBRUARY
On Friday, 4 February, guests will gather at Rosenborg Palace for a gala banquet in connection with The Crown Princess’s birthday.

HM The Queen hosts the banquet, in which the royal family and representatives of official Denmark will participate.

Other events in connection with the 50th birthday will be announced later.

1 hour ago, mls said:

THURSDAY 3 FEBRUARY
At the Museum of National History at Frederiksborg Palace on Thursday, 3 February, The Crown Princess will be present for the opening of the exhibition ‘HRH Crown Princess Mary 1972 – 2022’, which tells about The Crown Princess’s personal history and importance for the Royal House of Denmark and the Realm through photos, portraits, clothing and personal items. In connection with the opening of the exhibition, a new portrait of Her Royal Highness will be unveiled.

FRIDAY 4 FEBRUARY
On Friday, 4 February, guests will gather at Rosenborg Palace for a gala banquet in connection with The Crown Princess’s birthday.

HM The Queen hosts the banquet, in which the royal family and representatives of official Denmark will participate.

2018, daughter and I were at Frederiksborg Palace and saw the 50th birthday exhibition about Crown Prince Frederik....

Would be nice to go back to Copenhagen next summer and see this one...

Rosenborg for the banquet. That sounds nice! It's such a very beautiful place.

1 hour ago, mls said:

2018, daughter and I were at Frederiksborg Palace and saw the 50th birthday exhibition about Crown Prince Frederik....

Would be nice to go back to Copenhagen next summer and see this one...

Rosenborg for the banquet. That sounds nice! It's such a very beautiful place.

Interesting about the banquet held at Rosenborg.  I didn't think that was used for events like that anymore.  It looks very beautiful in videos and photos I've seen.

23 minutes ago, mls said:

Can't see your second photo but the Knight's Hall is a possibility. This will be the second time in 233 years a banquet is held at Rosenborg.

I didn't post a second photo.  I could not find what I was looking for.  The rooms are beautiful.  Oh wow interesting about the 233 years.  Curious why Rosenborg was chosen for the banquet.  

26 minutes ago, mls said:

Very much looking forward to this!

Me too!  When I saw the press release and saw what is planned, then to see that other events will be announced as well...I was very pleasantly shocked.  I was starting to lose the little hope I had left tbh.  I expected maybe a new photo to mark the birthday.  Glad there will be a new portrait unveiled.  But I was not expecting 2 exhibitions, a gala banquet (and at Rosenborg which is very unique), plus the Mary Foundation event. I was even surprised there was a special logo created!  

I am keeping my fingers cross that some of her family can travel to Denmark for the events.  

2 hours ago, Alexmary said:

Hi everyone!

I am also very happy to hear these news about Marys upcoming birthday events! 

I just came back to the message board for all the news and information that are always provided here so beautifully although I have been mia in the past. Sorry for that!!

Nice to have you here, Alexmary