Riki

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today HRH The Crown Princess visited Koldinghus. 😍

In connection with the work on the upcoming exhibition "Mary & the Crown Princesses", Crown Princess Mary today got an insight into the work behind the scenes. The Crown Princess is very committed to follow the work of the exhibition. 🙌

"Mary & the Crown Princesses" is a special exhibition on the occasion of Crown Princess's 50th birthday on 5 February 2022. The exhibition is a time travel through the former Crown Princesses and the history of the Glücksborg dynasty. 👑

What happened right there?: Mary on a lightning visit to a special place in Jutland | PICTURE MAGAZINE (billedbladet.dk)

It was not announced to the public, so few knew that Crown Princess Mary was going to Jutland today. Suddenly she was standing in a very special place in Jutland and spread good spirits.

For Crown Princess Mary, it is busy this time, and in the coming weeks there are several events of an official nature on the occasion of the Crown Princess's 50th birthday on 5 February.

Mary surprised in Jutland

Today, the Crown Princess has been on a visit to a special place in Jutland.

Mary's visit was not announced in the Royal Family's list of official duties for the Crown Princess and the other members of the Royal Family.

Therefore, it came to many as something of a surprise that the Crown Princess went on a lightning visit to Kolding.

The Crown Princess was thrilled

Crown Princess Mary specifically visited Koldinghus, which is the setting for an exhibition on the occasion of Mary's 50th birthday.

At Koldinghus, preparations for the special exhibition "Mary & the Crown Princesses" are currently busy, which opens on 31 January.

Today, Maryn made her way past the museum to follow the genesis of the exhibition up close.

And the Crown Princess was thrilled to see how the work is progressing

The exhibition was made on the occasion of the Crown Princess's 50th birthday on 5 February, and it paints a portrait of the Danish Crown Princess and Her Royal Highness's four female predecessors in the Glücksburg line.

From the opening of the exhibition until 30 December 2022, visitors will be able to experience a number of Crown Princess objects in a universe with graphics, projections and evocative set designs, where Mary's own photographs are also exhibited along with effects from Louise of Hesse-Kassel, Lovisa of Sweden-Norway, Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Ingrid of Swedish life.

Spoke to volunteers

The Crown Princess was shown around the old royal palace at Koldinghus today by thomas C. Thulstrup, Museum Director of the Royal Danish Collection.

Along the way, the Crown Princess had a good chat with a group of volunteers working to sew curtains for the exhibition according to the same techniques as in the 1800s and 1900s.

The Crown Princess will visit the exhibition with Crown Prince Frederik on Monday 31 January, and you can follow their visit here on our website.

Nice surprise on festive day: How Frederik celebrates his Mary | PICTURE MAGAZINE (billedbladet.dk)

Crown Prince Frederik pays tribute to his wife, Crown Princess Mary, in a sweet way by joining her at a large birthday exhibition.

As a nice surprise, Crown Prince Frederik accompanies his wife, Crown Princess Mary, at the opening of the large special exhibition "Mary & the Crown Princesses", at Koldinghus, which marks the crown princess's 50th birthday.

Also at the festive opening on Monday 31 January is Princess Benedikte, honorary protector of Koldinghus.

Lovely memories

The exhibition paints a portrait of the Danish Crown Princess and her four predecessors in the Glücksborg family.

Visitors to the exhibition can look forward to experiencing the famous ruby set and blue dress and hairband that Crown Princess Mary wore at Prince Christian's christening in 2006.

In addition, Crown Princess Mary herself will talk about her role and her predecessors in a lifelike 1:1 projection on the walls of the exhibition, according to a recently issued press release.

At the same time, the Royal Family has also shared new beautiful pictures of Crown Princess Mary, who on Thursday made her way past the museum to follow the genesis of the exhibition up close.

On a journey of discovery

Crown Princess Mary, with her husband and Princess Benedikte by her side, officially opens the exhibition, after which there are speeches by Kolding's mayor, Knud Erik Langhoff, and museum director of the Royal Danish Collection, Thomas C. Thulstrup.

In the exhibition, Crown Princess Mary will guide visitors on a voyage of discovery in the history of her predecessors and the Glücksborg Dynasty. The main characters are in addition to the Crown Princesses, Princesses Louise of Hesse-Kassel, Lovisa of Sweden-Norway, Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Ingrid of Sweden.

Among them, Crown Princess Mary is the only one with a non-royal background.

"Mary and the Crown Princesses" can be experienced at Koldinghus from 1 February 2022 to 30 December 2022.

Happening for he first time: Crown Princess Mary showcases private items from childhood | PICTURE MAGAZINE (billedbladet.dk)

On the occasion of Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday in February, you can soon experience unique and private items from the Crown Princess at a large exhibition at Frederiksborg Castle.

Due to the pandemic, Crown Princess Mary, in consultation with the Queen, chose to cancel the large gala at Rosenborg Castle, which was planned for her 50th birthday on 5 February.

But fortunately, the Crown Princess is still celebrated in other ways.

Brand new portrait

This happens, among other things, with the large and unique special exhibition "H.K.H. Crown Princess Mary 1972-2022" at the Museum of National History at Frederiksborg Castle, which can be seen from Friday 4 February.

Here you can admire, among other things, a brand new portrait of the Crown Princess by the resident Spanish-born artist Jesús Herrera Martínez, which Crown Princess Mary herself reveals at the official opening of the exhibition on Thursday 3 February.

School uniform and diplomas

The special exhibition will also include the Crown Princess's school uniform and school diplomas from her school days growing up in Tasmania, the wedding dress from the wedding in 2004, and an example of the peculiar Donaldson kilt that John Donaldson wore when he led his daughter to the altar at the wedding in 2004.

In addition, the Crown Prince family's Greenlandic national costumes, crown prince couple and Prince Christian's Faroese costumes and pictures from trips showing the Crown Princess's great connection to Greenland and the Faroe Islands are displayed.

Focus on Crown Princesses

Crown Princess Mary will be the natural centre of the special exhibition, one she will also come here in the company of other crown princesses, who over the years have left a special mark on their contemporaries in Denmark.

The exhibition also features Danish princesses who have taken on roles as crown princesses and later queens at foreign hearings.

Historical princesses

Among the historical crown princesses of Denmark, who, after marriage, have played a special cultural or social role in Danish society, is included in the exhibition Charlotte Amalie of Hesse-Kassel, which from the late 1600s as reformed became of great importance to the fellow believers who sought refuge in Denmark.

Portraits of Louise of Great Britain, Lovisa of Sweden-Norway and Ingrid of Sweden, can also be seen in the Great Hall.

The exhibition meets portraits and costumes worn by Christian IX's daughters, Princess Dagmar and Princess Alexandra among the outgoing Danish princesses.

The exhibition is open to the public from Friday 4 February until 31 August 2022.

Huge royal show: How Mary is celebrated in front of the whole of Denmark | PICTURE MAGAZINE (billedbladet.dk)

The Crown Princess is celebrated with a magnificent live birthday show on TV 2 PLAY and TV 2 on Sunday 6 February on the occasion of Mary's 50th birthday. Lise Rønne and Dar Salim host the big TV night.

Crown Princess Mary turns 50 on Saturday 5 February 2022, and TV 2 celebrates this with a blast of a birthday show for the Crown Princess, her family and all of Denmark.

It all takes place directly from vilhelm Lauritzen Terminalen in Copenhagen on Sunday 6 February at 20:00 - with prelude to the show from 19:25.

Crown Princess Mary can rejoice

The TV 2 show "Mary 50 years - we celebrate Denmark's Crown Princess" can be seen on TV 2 PLAY and TV 2, and it will be a colorful celebration that focuses on everything Mary really loves

The hosts of the big night are Lise Rønne and Dar Salim, and they are both happy to pay tribute to Crown Princess Mary.

The hosts have huge respect

- I have a huge respect for the way in which Crown Princess Mary uses the important voice she has to make a difference to some of our most vulnerable, says Lise Rønne Among other things, and Dar Salim is fully in line with her host colleague

- She is extremely competent, warm and cordial in everything she does, and I am very proud and look forward to helping to celebrate Crown Princess Mary, says Dar Salim.

OMG!  This is so exciting!!!  I am so happy she is getting something like this (and shocked tbh).  What a pleasant surprise!

1 minute ago, Paulamary said:

Very exciting. I was thinking we would see something like this. Maybe little interviews with the kids like they did for Frederik's 50th. 

I am very pleasantly surprised!  She deserves this!  OMG...bring on Vincent and his brutal (but hilarious) honesty!  

More information on the February 6th televised celebration, PLUS information on a program airing on January 31st as well.  

Live surpriceparty on TV for Mary - Here & Now (herognu.dk)

rown Princess Mary turns 50 on Saturday 5 February 2022, and TV 2 celebrates this with a big birthday show for the Crown Princess, her family and all of Denmark – directly from Vilhelm Lauritzen Terminalen in Copenhagen on Sunday 6 February at 20:00. Lise Rønne and Dar Salim host, and there is a prelude from 7:25 p.m.

'Mary 50 years – we celebrate Denmark's Crown Princess" can be seen on TV 2 PLAY and TV 2, and it will be a celebration that focuses on everything that the Crown Princess is passionate about – with special guests, festive surprises and lots of music:

"On TV 2, we are incredibly pleased that we are celebrating the crown princess's 50th birthday. We look forward to a very special evening that reflects the crown princess's great heart and strong dedication to the vulnerable of society and the world. And not least her courage to take a new path. It will be an evening filled with surprises and probably also touching moments – not only for the Crown Princess, but also for the viewers. After another long, gray winter, I think we all need to look forward to a good party. Therefore, we are particularly pleased that it is now possible to celebrate the crown princess's birthday," henriette Ladegaard-Pedersen, editor of TV 2, said in a press release.

Huge respect

The hosts this evening are Lise Rønne and Dar Salim, who for the first time stand on stage together in a live show on TV 2 – and that it is to pay tribute to Crown Princess Mary, makes it extra special for the two:

"I have a huge respect for the way crown princess Mary uses the important voice she has to make a difference to some of our most vulnerable. Many of her issues, such as combating bullying and loneliness and the fight for women's and girls' rights, I feel deep in my stomach myself, and I admire how the Crown Princess insists on highlighting that we should all have the right to be who we are. That we should practice treating each other with respect and humanity. I believe this helps make the world a better place, and I am very much looking forward to highlighting this when we celebrate the crown princess's round birthday together, says Lise Rønne.

"I have always had great respect for the Royal Family, and it was a great honour to host Her Majesty the Queen's state visit to Berlin last year. I never thought so when, as a young boy in the Life Guard, I stood guard in front of Amalienborg. The Queen has always been good at bringing the whole of Denmark together and making us all feel part of the community, and crown princess Mary continues that tradition in the very best way. She is extremely competent, warm and cordial in everything she does, and I am very proud and look forward to helping to celebrate Crown Princess Mary, says Dar Salim.

Lots of music for Mary

In addition to specially invited guests this evening and festive surprises, there will also be plenty of music to look forward to for viewers, the birthday couple and her family. The music means something very special to both the Crown Princess and the Crown Prince, and this evening we will be able to see Oh Land, Mattias Kolstrup and the Royal Danish Academy of Music's Children's Choir on stage. STV Production is behind the production of the big, live birthday show, and here the preparations are in full swing:

"It is a great honour to celebrate Crown Princess Mary's birthday on TV 2. For many years we have been lucky to follow the crown princess's work on trips to the world's hot spots, and now on Sunday 6 February we can tell about the big difference Crown Princess Mary makes to the people she meets on her way – both in Denmark and the rest of the world, says Jonatan Jerichow, Programme Director at STV Production.

Mary - Crown Princess with Heart

As early as Monday 31 January, viewers can look forward to the TV 2 programme 'Mary – Crown Princess with heart', where the crown princess's life is portrayed through unique archive footage. The program is produced by Bermuda Production.

From Monday 31 January, GO' Morgen Danmark will also mark Crown Princess Mary's birthday with various features throughout the week, dealing with the Crown Princess. Follow TV 2 PLAY and TV 2.

Press Release from TV2: Mary 50 years - we celebrate Denmark's Crown Princess (tv2.dk)

Link to Page Re January 31st program:  https://omtv2.tv2.dk/presse/programliste/mary-kronprinsesse-med-hjertet/

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kendte/danmark/tv/dr/nyt-program-kronprinsesse-mary-deler-private-minder-med-johannes-langkilde

Saturday, 5th February 8 pm on DR1

"On both DR and TV 2, they celebrate the Crown Princess' big day with new broadcasts. DR’s Johannes Langkilde has had a talk with Mary about her life in Denmark in the program "Mary 50 years - You can only be yourself"

"In the new program, the Crown Princess and Johannes Langkilde explore DR’s archives and look back on some of the great moments and events that have shaped her life in Denmark. They talk about the significance of the experiences for the person she has become, and it will be a memorable journey back in time when Crown Princess Mary revisits some of the greatest moments. Among other things, her wedding to Crown Prince Frederik, the arrival of the children and her many matters of the heart."

dr-0634134.jpg?w=688&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&f

That stinks.  They're dumb to block it.  They should also make it available to watch is Australia.  And add subtitles.  I see all the time comments on videos about that with people saying many non Danish people want to follow the DRF, especially Mary and Frederik. 

New article re the photo book 

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsesse-mary-i-ny-bog-fortaeller-aabent-om-sin-store-passion

The book tells, among other things, about the Crown Princess' great passion for nature.

- I love nature - it has always filled my life, says Mary in the book and adds that in her upbringing in Tasmania she experienced nature with vast expanses, the enormous power of the sea and almost empty natural areas.

The Crown Princess briefly touches on the fact that as a little girl she was out the door as soon as she could get to it.

Love Danish nature

The Crown Princess is also enthusiastic about nature here in Denmark.

- I have taken Danish nature to heart. I especially like spring when the beech springs out. A walk in the woods at this time of year is something very special. The forest and nature in general create a space where we as humans alone and together with others can find peace and time for reflection, it sounds from the Crown Princess, who expresses that she is very, very aware that we must take care on nature and its diversity.

Enjoying nature with the family and the dog Grace

- I really enjoy being active in nature - especially with the family and our dog Grace, it comes from the Crown Princess in the book "Mary HKH", which offers many pictures of Franne Voigt and also several of BILLED-BLADET's Hanne Juul, Martin Høien and Jesper Sunesen.

bb-705861.jpg

28 minutes ago, mls said:

The book is 400Dkk - 54 euros.

Nice photo!

In US dollars the book would be very reasonably priced for a publication of this type.  

That photo is such a great example of their strong connection and immense chemistry...both are beyond palpable.  It's insane! 

Another BB article discussing the photo book

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/nu-fortaeller-hun-om-det-mary-fik-et-rigtig-godt-raad-lige-foer-sit-bryllup

In the time leading up to her and Crown Prince Frederik's wedding on 14 May 2004, Mary received good advice. The Crown Princess tells about this and much more in the book "Mary HKH".

Crown Princess Mary received good advice

One of the book's highlights is the exclusive look-at-the-scenes photos from the wedding day in 2004, where the Crown Princess is preparing to start a new chapter as the spouse of Crown Prince Frederik.

Just before the big day with a wedding in Our Lady's Church, a folk festival in Copenhagen and a wedding dinner in Fredensborg, Mary got really good advice, which she tells about in the book.

- One piece of advice I got up to my wedding, which I think most people get, was to enjoy it, take it all in and just be present, it sounds from the Crown Princess, who in the same breath emphasizes that this was easier said than done .

Adventurous day

- The day was very overwhelming. Adventurous, landmark and overwhelming. I had to say 'yes' both to the love of my life and to my new country. And not only in front of our families and friends but in front of the whole of Denmark, says Mary, who from the big day remembers what it was like to be carried up from the church floor to her beloved Frederik at the altar.

dsc_0099a-2.jpg

copy_of_sh-00021617_2_1.jpg

Crown Princess Mary recalls her ‘adventurous, landmark and overwhelming’ royal wedding in new book (hola.com)

From Hola Magazine:

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark reflected on her royal wedding and a piece of advice she received beforehand in the upcoming book Mary H.K.H. The Danish royal, who married Queen Margrethe II’s eldest son, Crown Prince Frederik, in 2004, admitted that her wedding day was “very overwhelming.”

“One piece of advice I got before my wedding, which I think most people get, was to enjoy it, take it all in and just be present. This was easier said than done. The day was very overwhelming,” Mary shared in the book, according to Royal Central.

“Adventurous, landmark and overwhelming. I had to say ‘yes’ both to the love of my life and to my new country,” she continued. “In addition, not only in front of our families and friends but also in front of the whole of Denmark.”

The Crown Prince Couple tied the knot in 2004DENMARK - MAY 14: Royals arriving at the dinner offered to Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson for their wedding in Copenhagen, Denmark on May 14, 2004 - Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson. (Photo by Pool BENAINOUS/TRAVERS/DUCLOS/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)The book marking Crown Princess Mary’s 50th birthday will be released on Jan. 31