50th Birthday of the Crown Princess

Riki

By now I've become so used to plans being made and cancelled, both in public as in my own life, that I'm no longer even surprised!

There will still be a private celebration, which I think is all that matters to Mary.

Thank god we still have that gorgeous book to look forward to!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, smt1 said:

Very disappointing, but certainly not unexpected given the circumstances.

Perhaps cancelled because the calendar needs to accomodate moving QM's Jubilee celebrations -- which, of course, trump's Mary's birthday. 

Well even with having to move the jubilee stuff that would not take up the entire rest of the year.  Mary's gala is only 1 day.  I would think they could have fit it in somewhere in the other 300+ left of 2022.  

24 minutes ago, Hannelore said:

By now I've become so used to plans being made and cancelled, both in public as in my own life, that I'm no longer even surprised!

There will still be a private celebration, which I think is all that matters to Mary.

Thank god we still have that gorgeous book to look forward to!

The gala imo was more than a party for her 50th. It was Mary FINALLY getting much-deserved and well-earned and overdue public acknowledgement of all she's accomplished and contributed as crown princess to the DRF, the monarchy and Denmark.  It is something that she deserves and should not have just been cancelled...it could have easily been postponed like other events have been.  I know that it seems like Mary is a person that doesn't NEED to be publicly lauded but that doesn't mean she should not be celebrated publicly at some point.  

On 12/2/2021 at 3:53 PM, mls said:

On Monday, 31 January, Her Royal Highness takes part in the opening of the exhibition ‘Mary and the Crown Princesses’ at Koldinghus Castle in Kolding.

https://www.kongernessamling.dk/en/koldinghus/mary-crown-princesses/

https://www.kongernessamling.dk/en/koldinghus/ruby-set-selected-objects/

I wonder what jewels she had planned to wear at Rosenborg, had it taken place, if the ruby parure is part of the exhibition?

I hope the exhibition can be opened on the 31st.

I am keeping fingers crossed the exhibition opening isn't cancelled too.   I had not realized the ruby set would not have been available for the gala....interesting. Either she was going to be allowed to borrow something or she's getting some major new bling for her 50th. 

5 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

I had not realized the ruby set would not have been available for the gala....interesting. Either she was going to be allowed to borrow something or she's getting some major new bling for her 50th. 

I guess it's possible, that the ruby parure could have travelled from Kolding to Copenhagen for the banquet and then back again :shrug:

12 minutes ago, mls said:

I guess it's possible, that the ruby parure could have travelled from Kolding to Copenhagen for the banquet and then back again :shrug:

That is true.  But I would so love to see Mary in something new as well.  Ugh...I'm so bummed about the gala being cancelled.  They could have just postponed it.  There are 365 days in the year and I would hope they could have found a few hours in that timeframe for a rescheduled gala.  

I guess also there goes my hope that the rescheduled reception of the Mary Foundation for Mary's 50th would be done in conjunction with the 15th anniversary of the foundation's launch on the 11th of September.  It would have been so fitting.  But the 11th now has rescheduled jubilee events.  🤐

On 12/2/2021 at 3:53 PM, mls said:

MONDAY 31 JANUARY
On Monday, 31 January, Her Royal Highness takes part in the opening of the exhibition ‘Mary and the Crown Princesses’ at Koldinghus Castle in Kolding. The exhibition draws a portrait of The Crown Princess and The Crown Princess’s predecessors in the history of the Glücksborg lineage and focuses on the duties and the opportunities that lie in being a crown princess.

According to a press conference at the moment, some of the current Danish Covid restrictions end next weekend and museums, among others, are allowed to open. I hope it means, that the opening of the exhibition can go ahead!

16 minutes ago, mls said:

According to a press conference at the moment, some of the current Danish Covid restrictions end next weekend and museums, among others, are allowed to open. I hope it means, that the opening of the exhibition can go ahead!

Keeping fingers crossed!  It was the 2 exhibitions and a portrait unveiling right?  One exhibits about Mary and previous Crown Princesses and then one just about Mary. 

As these events are getting closer (thanks goodness!!)...thought I'd repost the current schedule as it stands.  The Mary Foundation reception on the 27th of January was postponed and sadly, the gala dinner that would have happened on February 5th at Rosenberg Castle was cancelled (still hoping the cancellation is reversed and the event still happens at a later date as there is no reasonable reason why it shouldn't)

Also, Mary's photo book will be out on January 31st.

Screenshot_20220117-114219_Chrome.jpg

Article about Mary's photobook from Vogue Scandinavia.  

Vogue Scandinavia - A book in honour of Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday is being released which shows never seen before photographs

The future Queen wears the Danish Ruby Tiara in an exclusive portrait for her new book

In celebration of the her 50th birthday on the 5th February a 272 page book titled Mary H.K.H. is being released which shows exclusive never before seen photographs of the future Queen consort of Denmark.

It goes without saying that HRH Crown Princess Mary is one of the world's most photographed women. For two decades, esteemed Danish as well as top international photographers have captured the Crown Princess which gives the book plenty of regal moments to look back on. The book contains both new photos and ones not previously published which are accompanied by the Crown Princess's own accounts about the moments that have been of special significance. 

In the photography book, which is being published by Politikens Forlag, Danish and international photographers offer a rare insight into her official as well as private life. The book chronicles her key moments as a member of the Danish royal family, spouse, mother, patron of Danish and international NGOs, sportswoman and fashion icon. As Crown Princess Mary herself is amateur photographer, the book feels like a fitting tribute.

Out of the thousands of photos available, a team led by graphic designer Claus Due and photographer Franne Voigt selected the ones that best illustrate the Crown Princess's journey from Australian businesswoman Mary Donaldson to HRH the Crown Princess of Denmark.

The book commemorates the Crown Princess's milestone birthday with a new portrait which features as the book's cover, where the royal wears the Danish Ruby Tiara. "The Crown Princess is a modern picture narrative with the best photos from official events, but the book also takes readers on the Crown Princess's travels to lesser-known places and to the Crown Princess's meetings with people who are extremely exposed and vulnerable." explained the publishers.

One of the book's highlights is an exclusive series of behind-the-scenes of photos from her wedding day to Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark in 2004. The book shows the first moments where the Crown Princess is preparing herself to start a new chapter as the spouse of the heir to the Danish throne. The Crown Princess also opens the door to her family life and shares photos that have never been shown before anywhere else.

The article also includes a look at the back cover of the book with a new photo of CP Mary in the same dress from the cover

Capture.PNG

The IG story linked above showed a glimpse of the index:

Forord - (Foreword)

Familie - (Family)

Danskernes Represaesentant - (Representative of the Danes)

Bryllup - (Wedding)

Maerkesager - (Google translate REALLY failed me here

Natur og Bevaegelse - (Google translate failed me here)

Portraetter - (Portraits)

7 hours ago, Izzieq said:

Maerkesager - (Google translate REALLY failed me here

Natur og Bevaegelse - (Google translate failed me here)

That would translate to

Focus Areas (at least that's what it means, eg.: bullying, loneliness....)

Nature and Movement (Sport)

BB has posted an article about the photo book

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/skoen-nyhed-om-kronprinsprinsessen-fantastisk-fejring-af-mary

An absolutely extraordinary book is now just around the corner. The unique work focuses on Crown Princess Mary on the occasion of her 50th birthday on 5 February. The book “Mary HKH will be published on 31 January and offers many unprecedented portraits of Mary and her family.

In a brand new book, which will be published on 31 January on the occasion of the Crown Princess' 50th birthday, Crown Princess Mary tells with fantastic pictures and completely personal comments about life as a mother, crown princess and modern woman.

Distinguished celebration of Crown Princess Mary

Mary turns 50 on 5 February, and it is celebrated completely privately with the family, and then also with the new book "Mary HKH", which offers a photographic insight into the Crown Princess' year in Denmark.

Out of thousands of photos, a team led by graphic designer Claus Due and photographer Franne Voigt has selected the ones that best tell the story of Crown Princess Mary.

Family means a lot

- The family means a lot to me and "is from where my world goes" to now use the words from the beautiful Danish song In Denmark I was born written by HC Andersen, it sounds, among other things, from the Crown Princess in the book, which has been on the road for a long time.