Riki

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

⬆️

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/opening-of-new-knowledge-center-in-connection-with-hrh-the-crown-princess’s-50th-birthday

On 2 February, HRH The Crown Princess opens a new University of Copenhagen knowledge center, which will bear the name “Crown Princess Mary Center – solving problems through research and partnerships”.

The objective of the new center is to build up an interdisciplinary knowledge environment focused on finding new solutions for current societal challenges, with the human being at the center.  Her Royal Highness will – in addition to having the center named after her – be part of the center’s “Advisory Committee”, which has a consultative function in relation to the center’s task solutions.

With the latest restrictions announced today, what might be the effect on Mary's 50th birthday events at the end of January into February. The biggest event is the gala dinner of the 4th of February.  And maybe the reception by the Mary Foundation on January 27th. 

11 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

With the latest restrictions announced today, what might be the effect on Mary's 50th birthday events at the end of January into February. The biggest event is the gala dinner of the 4th of February.  And maybe the reception by the Mary Foundation on January 27th. 

The current (from Sunday) restrictions are until January 17th. Difficult to imagine that things would magically get better after that....

They probably (possibly) have a plan B but the gala dinner is probably one of the first to go.

3 minutes ago, mls said:

The current (from Sunday) restrictions are until January 17th. Difficult to imagine that things would magically get better after that....

They probably (possibly) have a plan B but the gala dinner is probably one of the first to go.

I get the need to impose restrictions given the situation but geez the timing sucks!!  

Yeah the gala will be first.   Keeping fingers crossed that the exhibition openings the university center and portrait unveiling can move forward even if modified.  

The Mary Foundation event can be held later on imo and celebrate her birthday and the 15th anniversary of the foundation.  

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/skoen-nyhed-i-festlig-anledning-mary-aabner-doeren-til-det-mest-private

A brand new and unique book, which will be published on 31 January on the occasion of Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday, offers both new and never before published pictures accompanied by Crown Princess Mary's own stories about the moments that have had a special significance.

Graphic artist Claus Due and photographer Franne Voigt have lead a team that has selected the images that best tell the story of Mary's transformation from the Australian businesswoman Mary Donaldson to the crown princess of all of Denmark.

- One of the book's highlights is the exclusive photos from the wedding day in 2004, where the Crown Princess is preparing to start a new chapter as a spouse of H.R.H. Crown Prince Frederik. The Crown Princess also opens the door to the family life and shares pictures never shown before, reads the review of the book from Politikens Forlag."

https://www.politikensforlag.dk/mary-h-k-h/t-2/9788740072167

9788740072167.jpg

56 minutes ago, mls said:

That photo is gorgeous! Don't think I recognise the gown.

I don't recognize it either.  I lightened it slightly and it looks like it is 3/4 sleeve.  On my computer the top looks like a aquamarine color/light bluish green maybe.

From the Article:

The book marks the Crown Princess's 50th birthday in 2022 with a portrait of a woman who has found the right balance between her role in a royal family with strong historical roots and being royal in our time as a committed patron of Danish and international
affairs.
MARY – H.K.H. The Crown Princess is a modern picture adventure with the best photos from official events, but the book also takes readers on the Crown Princess's travels to lesser-known surroundings and to the Crown Princess's meeting with the people who are most vulnerable and
vulnerable.

1016232952_MaryBookCover2(2).jpg.6c5beefb27f23f41ccc568b11cbf4abc.jpg

Mary Book Cover 2 (3).jpg

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/gala-banquet-at-rosenborg-castle-cancelled

Her Majesty The Queen and Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess together have decided to cancel the planned gala banquet at Rosenborg Castle on 4 February 2022 in connection with The Crown Princess’s 50th birthday.

The cancellation occurs in light of the current situation with infection in the society and the continuing uncertainty about the development of Covid-19. The decision is also made out of respect for the many cooperating partners involved in a celebration of this magnitude. Such cooperation should have taken place in the coming weeks and would have been very difficult to carry out.

The Mary Foundation’s planned birthday celebration is postponed until later in the year.

On the actual day, celebration of The Crown Princess’s 50th birthday will thus be exclusively private.

8 minutes ago, mls said:

As expected but I don't understand why it had to be cancelled? It could have been postponed. Very disappointing!

Current situation:

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/hrh-the-crown-princess-50th-birthday#program

Incredibly disappointing.  I agree....why not postponed to May for instance?  I am incredibly annoyed....and while it is my impression that Mary is not the type that NEEDS to be celebrated or fawned over, I can't imagine she is not disappointed.  

Glad that the Mary Foundation event is only postponed since that event is not handled by the Court.