50th Birthday of the Crown Princess

Riki

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mary on difficult experience with Christian: It was hard | PICTURE MAGAZINE (billedbladet.dk)

Mary talks about Christian going to boarding school.

Crown Princess Mary enjoys it to the fullest when she has the whole family gathered around her.

In a large exclusive interview with BILLED-BLADET on the occasion of the crown princess's imminent 50th birthday, Mary talks openly and honestly about life before and now, and the Crown Princess discusses, among other things, how much the Crown Prince and their children mean to her.

The Crown Princess is proud

It has been hard for the Crown Princess, who is also proud of his great son's mature decision.

"When the decision was made, I told myself not to think about it until it approached that he was going to boarding school," Crown Princess Mary says in the interview, continuing.

It was hard

- Right up to his first day of school, I started to feel like it was hard. But it's like it is, with kids. You only have them on loan, says the Crown Princess, who, however, is pleased that everything is going well for Christian and that he has made the right decision by becoming a student at the boarding school south of Copenhagen.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/baade-skraemmende-og-helt-fantastisk-kronprinsesse-mary-fortaeller-om-sin-store

- There is no recipe for being a crown princess, nor has there been, as I understand it, for many of my predecessors, says the crown princess and emphasizes that there are clearly some traditions and formal obligations that must be continued, but otherwise the Crown Princess would have to find her own way.

Crown Princess Mary was given support, freedom and time to adjust, and she is very grateful for that. - I took my time to do it, and it is a process that develops quietly until you have built a more solid foundation or a platform to work from,  the Crown Princess says, who immediately in 2004 purposefully went in search of a meaning with her new role.

- The time I spent in the beginning was very searching and exploratory. I went completely inside myself to investigate what it is that moves me, does something to me, and whether something made me happy or angry, the Crown Princess says, who could feel that she reacted a lot to conditions or situations that are characterized by injustice. - That reflection brought me to a realization that I have always had a hard time seeing people standing alone, standing outside and not knowing or being able to understand why they are excluded from a group or a society, says the Crown Princess and continues. - I basically believe that we all have a deep need to feel part of something bigger than ourselves. From the beginning, it has been the focal point - to work on the basis of that conviction, says the Crown Princess, who with her work in the Mary Foundation has focused on this very theme."

BB interview

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/mary-fortaeller-om-privat-lykke-med-frederik-saadan-goer-de-hinanden-glade

- It just works well. First of all, we are happy together. We can be ourselves, which is paramount. And then we have many of the same interests. We are curious and complement each other well because we are different. But it is the way we can find each other that makes us strong together, the Crown Princess says in the interview, you can get in this week's BILLED-BLADET. Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik always give each other space. According to the Crown Princess, they both believe that giving each other space means enriching each other. According to the Crown Princess, you also have to develop separately, which means that you can bring several things into a marriage.

- And then we are good at laughing together. It is important to be able to do that, the Crown Princess says and adds: - We are both very much into being out in nature and being physical. It sounds completely wrong to say about a couple who have been married for almost twenty years, but we swing well together, she says again with an infectious laugh."

More from BB

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/saarbare-aar-teenageboernene-mary-passer-paa-christian-og-isabella

"Especially in our age, teenagers like Isabella and Christian need to pay extra attention to their surroundings, and they therefore need the support and help of their parents, the Crown Princess and Crown Prince Frederik.

- When we have two teenagers in the house, we think a little about the time we live in, where all people, everywhere and in all possible ways, can take pictures or make videos. One is more exposed and it is important that they are aware of it. And they are because they grew up with the media image we have today, says Crown Princess Mary in the interview with BILLED-BLADET , who talks to the Crown Princess in a cozy corner in the Knights' Hall in Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg.

And the Crown Princess has more on her mind regarding her and the Crown Prince's teenagers: - the teenage years are very transformative and they are also vulnerable years. These are also the years when we learn and make mistakes. And it's okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. And then I hope that they continue to have the freedom and space to make those mistakes, and that they can get through the searching and exploratory teenage years well, the Crown Princess says, who as a mother wants to be an equally good support for her children , as her own parents were to her."

_hjp2899.jpg?w=688&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&fit

19 minutes ago, mls said:

⬆️ Ulrik Ulriksen must be so happy....;) He has covered F&M for a long time...And I bought the photo book with Frederik on the cover in Copenhagen.

I had thought the same thing about Ulrik!  No doubt he will be having a very busy week coming up!   

I've seen some of the photos from Frederik's book and they're wonderful. 

https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/princess-mary-50th-birthday-unseen-photos-from-book-hkh-mary-shared-ahead-of-milestone-event-danish-royal-family/f9903095-19cb-4e89-afa4-09a14f5eec2f

From the book H.K.H Mary

"A selection of the images were shared exclusively to 9Honey ahead of her birthday on Saturday February 5."

Aboard the Royal Yacht Dannebrog -Cruise to Greenland years ago

Foto: Franne Voigt

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/TVRB9_FEXdfybaGdMWRvEr-zTME=/636x0/https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fed0fbbc4-b71b-4cd7-8344-9a469ba188ce

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F0eb27a9b-774d-4db6-8fca-f67eeea62374

Foto: Steen Brogaard

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/19kV3UHMdSBj9a1_VICNpuKRKP4=/636x0/https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fdf43a1fe-6a36-412e-9c95-062cf8426817

On the occasion of Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess' 50th birthday, "Mary Elizabeth's Hospital - The Kingdom for children, young people and pregnant women" will be the name of Rigshospitalet's new children's hospital, which will open during 2025.

The hospital, which the Crown Princess talks about in the video, will be targeted at children, young people and pregnant women and will, among other things, accommodate 179 single rooms, 87 outpatient rooms and 13 operating rooms. The building's 60,000 square meters are on eight floors and will be able to accommodate up to 900 patients at a time.

As a patron of several organizations in the social and health field, Her Royal Highness has for a long time been involved in the Danes' physical as well as mental health, but also internationally as a patron of the WHO. Diseases and ailments among children in particular have had the Crown Princess' attention, which is why the naming after Her Royal Highness has a very special significance for the Crown Princess.

"All parents know how difficult it can be when your child is ill. Especially if the child is so ill that it needs to be treated in a hospital. When children and young people are ill, everyday life and the feeling of security become more important than ever before. Rigshospitalet's future hospital for children, young people, pregnant women and their families, which will open its doors in four years, will therefore be a place that takes new paths to create space for patients 'and families' lives and needs - a place that must be safe and domestically. I am moved and proud that the hospital will bear my name, ”says the Crown Princess in the video clip.