50th Birthday of the Crown Princess

Riki

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/billed-bladet-paa-amalienborg-historisk-interview-med-kronprinsessen

BILLED-BLADET at Amalienborg: Historical interview with the Crown Princess

On the occasion of Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday, BILLED-BLADET visited the Crown Princess' home in Frederik VIII's Palace for an exclusive conversation about being in the middle of life, about the happiness of being a wife and mother, the joy of being able to make a difference for Denmark and much, much more. You get it all in this week's PICTURE MAGAZINE.

A very well-dressed Crown Princess Mary recently invited BILLED-BLADET inside the Knights 'Hall in Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg for a huge interview on the occasion of the Crown Princess' 50th birthday on Saturday 5 February.

Crown Princess Mary speaks out

During the historical interview, the Crown Princess talks to us about being in the middle of life, about the role as Crown Princess as well as about love, family life and about the challenging work with her most significant focus areas.

Brand new details

The interview offers several completely new and never before mentioned details about the Crown Princess' life as the Crown Princess of all of Denmark and about everyday life behind the facade with Crown Prince Frederik and the children Christian, Isabella, Josephine and Vincent.

Much more in BILLED-BLADET

Get up close and personal with the Crown Princess in the new issue of BILLED-BLADET and see the extraordinary portraits taken inside Frederik VIII's Palace by BILLED-BLADET's experienced photographer Hanne Juul assisted by Martin Høien. 

_hjp2671-1.jpg

20220126_055006.jpg

1 minute ago, mls said:

The PM at an ongoing press meeting: - We can now remove the last Covid restrictions in Denmark. From 1 February, Denmark will be open again. Completely open."

Wow...I am surprised given the numbers I saw for today.  Unless they just figure herd immunity will happen faster this way and they think that is a good way to go.  

Mary tells of beautiful greeting: Had the bridal bouquet placed on her mother's grave | PICTURE MAGAZINE (billedbladet.dk)

Another BB article about their interview with Mary with another beautiful photo:

Unfortunately, at just 25, the Crown Princess lost her beloved mother, Henrietta Donaldson, who died in heart surgery in 1997.

For the Crown Princess, it was extra difficult not to have her on her wedding day.

"But she was with me in other ways," the Crown Princess says in the interview, and then the Crown Princess reveals how she made sure to remember her mother in touching fashion after the ceremony.

"My mother's sister, who was at the wedding, took the bridal bouquet with her and laid it on my mother's grave in Scotland. I have a nice picture of the bouquet at her grave site, says the Crown Princess about the beautiful gesture.

_han5608.jpg

4 hours ago, mls said:

The PM at an ongoing press meeting: - We can now remove the last Covid restrictions in Denmark. From 1 February, Denmark will be open again. Completely open."

That's nice...The banquet at Rosenborg could have gone ahead...

I agree. Why don't they go ahead and reschedule it now.  It never should have been just outright cancelled anyway.  

The Womens Weekly interview

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/royals/international-royals/princess-mary-denmark-birthday-50-70776

"We want to raise our children to be strong and independent people. Key to this is showing them we have confidence in them and the importance of mutual trust. In our book, trust gives freedom.

0"One of the values that we believe is important to impart to our children is to always do your best – at school, with friends and the community. This value is one I have from my own parents. We believe it is important that the children know themselves well enough to stand by who they are and what their boundaries are but, at the same time have the capacity to be able to see things from another's perspective."

The Crown Prince Couple's life is also about having fun. "Black humour and being able to laugh at oneself is very Danish, but it is also very Australian," Mary notes.

"Age has given me a sense of being a more complete human being. To rest more in myself. To dare more. ” Crown Princess Mary turns 50 on February 5, and on that occasion we have asked her 10 questions about what life has taught her, and draw a portrait with the help of some of the people who know her best, have worked with her and being inspired by her. Read the interview and see the exclusive photos from Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg, in the February issue of Eurowoman, which is on the streets today."

Mary on secret experience with Frederik: It was heavenly | PICTURE MAGAZINE (billedbladet.dk)

Mary talks about the experience of the weeks leading up to the wedding and then how wonderful it was to finally have it be just the two of them away from it all in the weeks after the wedding. 

Heavenly experience

After the wedding party, the newlyweds set off on honeymoon long, far away from home to a continent that just has it all.

"It was a wonderful experience. It was amazing weeks leading up to the wedding, but it was also intense. So the thing about going from all that and then to just being the two of us and nothing else. It was heavenly, says the Crown Princess in the unique and historic 50-year interview with Denmark's Royal Weekly Magazine.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/aerlig-kronprinsesse-mary-saadan-er-livet-bag-slottets-mure

Among other things, the Crown Princess tells about life behind the castle walls with Crown Prince Frederik and the couple's four children Christian, Isabella, Josephine and Vincent.

- I would probably say that no two days are alike. There is a lot to keep track on. Everyone has their sport and interests and friends, and there is a lot of logistics that need to be in place, says the Crown Princess and acknowledges that everyday life has been greatly affected over the last two years with corona challenges in Danish society.

However, some of the fixed routines do not change regardless of what happens outside Amalienborg's walls - We always gather around the dinner table and for breakfast, as much as we can, says Crown Princess Mary, who also emphasizes that there is no green light to bring your mobile phone with you when it's time to eat.