General news - Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Billed Bladet #45 has a long interview with Susanne Heering.

I've decided to translate an extract about Queen Margrethe, because it provides us with an insight into her personality.

from The interview: Jeg mistede min første søn - I lost my first son.

Written by Peter Juul.

... There is also a single discreet picture of Crown Prince Frederik. But not a single one (photo) of the Queen, which seems to be very deliberate. One does not display the fact that one is a friend of the Majesty.

But that 70 years old Susanne Heering is. Margrethe and Susanne have know each other for 40 years and for more than 30 years they have been active in their common hobby, the ballet. They have become friends.

- "We are really close friends today. I dare say that. The Queen is a fantastic support and so good a mate/comerade", says Susanne Herring in the book "Mrs. H".

- "The Queen is not into small talk. She simply cannot be bothered (*), but I really don't think about that she is Queen. Of course I maintain the respect and always say Your Majesty, when others are present. Otherwise I say (informal) you. I don't say Margrethe but usually - will the Queen this or that? - We can phone and talk for hours and we sing and sometimes whistle on the phone".

Susanne Heering also tells that the Queen at festive occassions love to sing one of her favourite songs. (**) And that they both were pretty crazy about the funny Southern Jutlandic trio "De nattergale". (***) Oh yes, the Queen is very much into Jutlandic humour. She is also pretty crazy about "De Nattergales" Christmas calendar "The Julekalender".

- "We have our completely informal kitchen dinners together with my husband. We help each other with the food and eat at the small table and often we end the evening with a piece of bread with a sausage. The Queen is good in a kitchen".

Q: Does the Queen say: - It's the Queen - when she phone you?

- "Yes, she does. And she calls me Susse like most in the circle of family and friends do. And no, I don't the Queen "Daisy". Daisy is only used by the closest in the DRF".....

(*) The word here is "gider". A very common word for something you are not that keen on doing. - I "gider" not mow the lawn today. - Because I'd much rather sit here in front of the house altar and watch football". Get it? :rose:

(**) I've omitted the title and the explanation as it would almost be meaningless. The song is song in a very particular way.

(***) De Nattergale. - A trio of entertainers. Quite a number of years ago they made a Christmas calender for adults, which became a huge success. A Christmas calender, is usually for children and consists of small episodes aired on TV, from December 1st. As a countdown to Christmas Eve.

De Nattergale mixed a very bizarre humour with a very subtle humor and produced a huge TV hit. They are incidentally showing that Calender, "The Julekalender" agian this year.

- Ayvee, do remember our chat about Jutlandic dialects? This is South Western dialect.

And from probaly the most well known song from: The Julekalander http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCkHVOWW6C4...feature=related

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I must say, sometimes I would like to kick Henrik. Though in general I like him, he isn't boring, very inteesting to watch. :beer2:

http://www.cphpost.dk/culture/culture/122-...l-gps-hunt.html

World’s first royal GPS hunt

prince_henrik_military_300.jpg

Prince Henrik hides the first royal geocache near his French home for eager treasure hunters to find

The queen’s husband, Prince Henrik, may be getting on in years, but that hasn’t stopped him getting hooked on the latest hi-tech treasure hunt craze sweeping the world.

Geocaching involves enthusiasts hiding ‘treasure’ all over the world and then leaving clues on the geocache websites to help other hunters track it down with the aid of GPS.

The hobby has spread rapidly since its inception in 2000 and in Denmark alone, there are more than 11,000 geocaches hidden around the country.

A chance encounter between the prince and a Jyllands-Posten journalist on a geocache hunt sparked royal interest in the hobby. The journalist gave the prince a tin of kippers, suggesting he bury it as his first ‘treasure’.

Kippers were the first ever Danish geocache back in 2000 and with that in mind the 75-year-old prince decided to take the legendary item and create the world’s first royal geocache near his Chateau de Cayx estate in France.

In addition to the kippers, the prince has hidden a laminated photo of himself, pens, matches, a key ring and bottle opener all bearing the royal monogram. There is also a first finder’s certificate hidden in a plastic lunch box in the vineyards of the French chateau.

Geocaches typically contain little trinkets that the finder replaces with something of equal value so that there is something for the next person to find. They also contain a logbook so all finders can record their visit.

The coordinates and hints to the royal geocache location have been uploaded to the geocaching.com website today.

A spokesman for the royal household has confirmed the authenticity of the prince’s involvement.

‘The prince thinks it is really exciting and wants to take on the challenge,’ said Kenneth Lysell Madsen, master of the royal household.

Looks like a french couple has found Henriks hidden treasures.

http://fpn.dk/digitalt/article1796762.ece

Prins Henriks skat er fundet

de_fandt_prins_henr_191126e.jpg

Her er den franske familie med prins Henriks gps-skat og certifikat. Privatfoto

Af JAKOB VØLVER - Offentliggjort 27.08.09 kl. 22:14

henriks_certifikat_191131d.jpg

Prins Henriks first finder certifikat, som nu er i en fransk families besiddelse. Privatfoto

Verdens første kongelige gps-skat er fundet efter 10 timer. Kippersdåsen fra Husum lever endnu.

En stolt, fransk børnefamilie fandt frem til Prins Henriks gps-skat før alle andre. Prinsgemalen havde gemt den på vinmarkerne ved sit slot Chateau De Cayx.

Koordinaterne til skatten blev først offentliggjort i torsdagsudgaven af Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten og siden på internettet, og der gik ca. 10 timer, før den franske familie snusede skatten op. Dermed scorede de det såkaldte First Finder Certifikat, som var signeret af Prins Henrik.

Kippers lever endnu

Gps-eventyret begyndte i juli, da Jyllands-Posten bragte en en artikelserie om gps-skattejagt – også kaldet geocaching. Avisens journalist opsøgte prinsen ved en ceremoni i Gråsten og havde held til at overtale prinsgemalen til at lave en gps-skat ud af en dåse kippers. Kippers er legendariske blandt danske gps-skattejægere, fordi det var indholdet i den første skat, der blev lagt i Danmark i år 2000.

Ifølge Jyllands-Postens oplysninger er den nu berømte dåse kippers stadig at finde i tupperwaren, der desuden indeholder en række kongelige effekter, såsom kuglepenne med monogrammer.

Den franske børnefamile har noteret i skattens logbog, at de har taget to af skattens effekter - øloplukkeren med monogram samt first finder certifikatet, som er skattens egentlige skalp. Når man tager ting i skatten, skal man lægge nye i, og det har familien også gjort. I logbogen har de skrevet:

”Vi er stolte af at være de første geocachers i verden, der logger en royal cache. Et stort, venligt goddag til alle danske geocachers. Vi følger denne cache med stor interesse. Tak for denne ekstraordinære cache.”

Stor opmærksomhed

Både i danske og udenlandske gps-kredse har der i dag været stor opmærksomhed omkring verdens første gps-skat, der er lavet af en kongelig person.

Der er mere end 11.000 gps-skatte gemt i Danmark lige nu.

I must say, sometimes I would like to kick Henrik.

I fail to see what is so kickworthy about geocaching :beer2:

I must say, sometimes I would like to kick Henrik.

I fail to see what is so kickworthy about geocaching :beer2:

Well Sternchen........

NOTHING regarding geocaching!!!!!!!!

The contrary it's one of the reasons why I like him.

It is just my general feeling toward Henrik.

I like him, very much, nonetheless sometimes I just could kick him, okay?

Ah, ok :beer2: Now I understand what you mean :)

• 5 months later...

Apparently the queen and prince have decided not to be buried along side of King Frederik and Queen Ingrid outside Roskilde Cathedral. They will be layed to rest inside the church in Saint Birgittes Chapel.

Today their double sarcophagus will be presented. The design of the double sarcophagus is made by Bjorn Norgaard, who also designed the historic tapestries at Christiansborg.

I'm quite surpriced as I was sure they would be buried outside the church.

Saint Birgittes Chapel:

223.jpg

BT på dansk

BT in English

Dagbladet på dansk

Dagbladet in English

The sarcophagus looks beautiful...imagine what it would look like when the sun was streaming in through the windows!

The symbolism of the three marble pillars and the elephants is a lovely touch. I don't understand the difference between the opaque and transparent version. Can anyone help?

• mls locked this topic

Archived